Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Shop Build - Winding River Workshop

Doors and windows only keep you the honest people. If someone wants in and wants what you've got, they are going to get it.

Like Darren, I've got cameras all over. They have nice little infrared lights that you can see quite easily at night.

Got ours at costco and it came with 8 cameras. I ran cameras all around and routed the cables through the crawl space. It's definitely a nice to have in this day and age.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Rennie everything you do looks really good to me. I like that trim work and your color scheme. Great to have the view to the river.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Rennie everything you do looks really good to me. I like that trim work and your color scheme. Great to have the view to the river.
    Thanks Rob. I really hope you have the opportunity to see it in person!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Looks great, fantastic really, but I have to ask how secure that door is?
    Remember, Stu, this is pretty much next door to "small town middle-o-nowhere, Michigan".

Looks like a great yard there, Rennie. I'd be glad to have that view. Shop is looking great.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Remember, Stu, this is pretty much next door to "small town middle-o-nowhere, Michigan".

Looks like a great yard there, Rennie. I'd be glad to have that view. Shop is looking great.
    We're not in the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here!

Thanks for the kind words Art. This week I've been concentrating on the office space. Gotta get that done because Jan is wanting me to get all my 'office stuff' out of the guest room.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Been working on getting the office space done. Found a desk, printer stand and bookcase on Craig's list. Desk isn't exactly what I would have wanted but it will work just fine till I can build its replacement. Had a lot of pictures and books to get up on the walls and shelves. Just about finished in here. I need to replace the temp fluorescent ceiling fixture and get the door hung between the office and shop. Then I need to knock a few items off the honey-do list.

www.wrworkshop.com

Looks like a good space to get stuff done in.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Looks way to clean and organized. Maybe we should all bring some surplus sawdust in May to give it that "professional look"
    I'm a certifiable tree hugger. (it's a poor mans way of determining DBH before cutting the tree down)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Downes View Post
    Looks way to clean and organized. Maybe we should all bring some surplus sawdust in May to give it that "professional look"
    Um, ah, really, I appreciate the offer...but I'm working on that.

www.wrworkshop.com

I began milling the ambrosia maple I picked up a couple of weeks ago. This will become the drawer fronts and face frames for my miter station. I'm going to try and keep everything in order so I can get continuous grain across the fronts of the drawers. Well, at least that's the plan!

Got it squared up and flat and down to a little over 7/8". I'll let it go for a day or so before taking it down to 3/4".

www.wrworkshop.com