Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop Build - Winding River Workshop

That looks great Rennie. I hope to have a really put-together looking shop when the wife and I move into our "forever" house. Your efforts are inspiring me.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    That looks great Rennie. I hope to have a really put-together looking shop when the wife and I move into our "forever" house. Your efforts are inspiring me.
    Your work has been inspiring me for years so I am flattered to return the favor.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Got some more done on the floor today. Should finish up the shop section tomorrow with the exception of the last 2 feet or so in front of the roll up door. I have some cracks and water seepage that have to be dealt with in the spring. Also, the office area can't be done till I replace the exterior door which will also have to wait for some warm and dry weather.

I cannot tell you how happy I am with the floor. It brightens up the room like you would not believe and it is so much easier to walk on. I love it! The big question will be durability and only time can answer that question.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Been reading along (and enjoying the puns). Your shop really looks great. It makes me want to do mine over again, especially since some of the space restrictions I had at the beginning are gone now. However 91 years says, "Ha ha!" Glenn is probably thinking something stronger than, "Oh my gosh" about me redoing the shop. Dang, getting old puts a crimp in so many dreams.

Enjoy,
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Jim we have to keep on dreaming. Just go as far as you physically can. Then go take a nap and get back at it. I wonder when I buy some tool or other what is long term benefit. I justify that by saying it makes me happy. Re doing my shop all the time so just to make it simpler and easier to make goodies that I really don't need so out they go as gifts.
    Mama's happy I'm out of the house so everything is good.
    David

I wish I had Mama back in the house!

Enjoy,
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

rennie replacing a exterior door doesnt take the long. a half day to whole day tops depending on the exterior treatment.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    rennie replacing a exterior door doesnt take the long. a half day to whole day tops depending on the exterior treatment.
    I think I could do it in half a day, just want not to be too cold or wet while doing it. I purchased a pre hung with threshold and brick mold attached. I believe I wont have to disturb the siding (vinyl). Soome good weather coming in next week. Might do it then.

The shop portion of the floor is done and I love it. Wheeled tools glide across the room and it cleans up nice and reflects a lot of light back into the room. I'll place a ramp type threshold in front of the roll up door to protect the end of the floor. I priced the off the shelf stuff and they want 1 1/2 times as much $$ for 6' of molding than for an entire box, 25 sf, of flooring! Really? I think I'll take a hunk of maple and mill my own.

Obviously there is still a good deal of organizing and putting away to be done. I have to get some doors on one of the cabinets, and figure out where a lot of other things will wind up. I'll get started on finishing to walls in the office this weekend. After that I think I'll tackle the miter saw station. I want to build an elevated infeed/outfeed table with some drawers beneath. Still have dome details on the dust colllection system to finish up as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0046.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	98206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0047.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	98207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0044.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	98204Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0045.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	98205
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0044.jpg   DSC_0045.jpg   DSC_0046.jpg   DSC_0047.jpg  
    Last edited by Rennie Heuer; 01-12-2017 at 09:38 PM.

looks well lit rennie, that threshold for the roll up door, would a transition piece for vinyl floor work? wood is going soak up moisture.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!