Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: Shop Build - Winding River Workshop

I've been working on some decorative trim in the kitchen so had the opportunity to cut a lot of miters at my new miter station. The dust collection did not work quite as well as I had hoped, especially when cutting 45's.

I cobbled together a pvc fitting and some vacuum hose I've been holding on to and now it performs much better. I used silicone and sheet metal screws to attach the hose to the pvc. Now way do I want the dust collector accidentally sucking up the hose!

I slotted the screw attachment to the saw to give me more flexibility in the connection when swinging the saw back and forth between 45's. the hose only goes about a foot into the dust collection pipe but it is more than enough to pull enough air through the saw's port. I simply pull the hose out when I close the blast gate.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

That's a great idea, I may have to borrow that one for my radial arm. I've to a 2" adapter running from another Y/dust port, but seem like it's somewhat in the way where it has to run to.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Must be getting close to finished when the decorations go up!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk