The extension table on my table saw was in rough shape and was not really worth moving across the country so it met its demise in Idaho. Now that the shop here is finally coming together I needed to replace it so I could make better use of the saw as I move towards some finishing touches.
I had a few scrap pieces of lyptus and poplar on the pile for the framework so all I needed was to pick up a half sheet of ACX and some laminate.
I chose 3/4" ply over the usual 1/2" thinking it would be stronger. It may well be but it also presented a challenge that I did not see till the final installation. There was not enough room under the top to attach the nuts on the bolts that hold the table to the rails. So, I had to do a little chisel work. Oh well.
I decided to build the frame first and set the plywood in later. Don't know why. But I knew any gaps would be covered by the laminate so I forged on.
Got it all together and glued on the laminate. After trimming the laminate I gave the edges a few passes with a block plane and got it installed. I will forever wonder why I chose a laminate that always looks dusty.