Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop Build - Winding River Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Wouldn't a laminate floor be slippery with sawdust on it?
    Some would, yes. The one I have my eye on is at HD for $.68 a sf. It is a lighter color oak and has a texture to it that should keep it from getting to slippery. I had epoxied the concrete floor in my last shop and did not use a traction additive, I was sorry about that every time I went into the shop. Easy to clean, but slick as snot with a layer of sawdust. I have rubber mats for the areas I stand in most often, like in front of the table saw - don't want your feet going out from under you when you're leaning over a cut. The other issue with epoxy, traction or not, it is hard and cold. Tough on the back if you spend a long day in the shop.

The floor I'm considering has a texture that reminds me of wire brushed pine, what is sometimes sold as 'manufactured barnwood' but less pronounced. should still be easy to sweep up. I've not actually purchased it yet, so I'm open to alternatives so long as they meet my needs and are affordable.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Now that's going to make a pretty fancy looking floor! But at .68, how can you say no?
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

a fire barn near me has got some 16" squares that interlock but look like squares when done its around 1/4" thick i think it came from menards and i know it wasnt expesive was on it for 2 days and it felt great.. also look at a used solid core door for outfeed table .. from restore store flat and cheap
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

The beginnings of a system.

Went out today and bought the heavier sweep 90's thinking is would be a better choice not realizing they would not mate to some of the pipe and fittings I already own. They are also much more expensive. So, after much deliberation (talking to myself) I decided to go with what I have and see how it works out.

Flex pipe will make the connections to the D.C. And cyclone.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    The beginnings of a system.

Went out today and bought the heavier sweep 90's thinking is would be a better choice not realizing they would not mate to some of the pipe and fittings I already own. They are also much more expensive. So, after much deliberation (talking to myself) I decided to go with what I have and see how it works out.

Flex pipe will make the connections to the D.C. And cyclone.

You do realize that 90s like that KILL your air flow, right? Two 45s is way better, just saying.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    You do realize that 90s like that KILL your air flow, right? Two 45s is way better, just saying.
    Yes. Sweep 90's much more expensive and don't fit the lighter PVC pipe. 2 45's take up more room, but I am leaning towards taking out the 90's anyway for just that reason, air flow.

Been working on the system this morning and having some second thoughts about how it is going together. Stay tuned.

Now, did you want to mention grounding?

and a piece of pipe between the 45'S makes it better yet.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    and a piece of pipe between the 45'S makes it better yet.
    The 90's are out, 45's are in. Pictures to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Now, did you want to mention grounding?
    The first rule of PVC dust collection piping is that we don't discuss grounding
    Love thy neighbor, yet pull down not thy hedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    The first rule of PVC dust collection piping is that we don't discuss grounding

I knew this. This is the Ford vs. Chevy toxic topic in woodworkingdom. Shocking, but true. Just mentioning it can get you a lot of static.