Shop Build - Winding River Workshop

I've been working on some decorative trim in the kitchen so had the opportunity to cut a lot of miters at my new miter station. The dust collection did not work quite as well as I had hoped, especially when cutting 45's.

I cobbled together a pvc fitting and some vacuum hose I've been holding on to and now it performs much better. I used silicone and sheet metal screws to attach the hose to the pvc. Now way do I want the dust collector accidentally sucking up the hose!

I slotted the screw attachment to the saw to give me more flexibility in the connection when swinging the saw back and forth between 45's. the hose only goes about a foot into the dust collection pipe but it is more than enough to pull enough air through the saw's port. I simply pull the hose out when I close the blast gate.

927c6271d728ce151e2635f332e7d3ae.jpg

f9ae9f9ed11ed36ef07923f85e5d8460.jpg

0d8678d10fbe41ff2005085c309648dd.jpg

That's a great idea, I may have to borrow that one for my radial arm. I've to a 2" adapter running from another Y/dust port, but seem like it's somewhat in the way where it has to run to.

Accesorizing. Been needing a place to store shorts and a scrap bin. Knocked these out today. This is the first time I ever used MDO, this was 1/2", and I am rather pleased with it. I screwed #6 x 1 5/8" construction screws into the edges (pre-drilling) and not a single split. I plan to paint these, but not sure how soon.

The shorts storage is only 2' deep but it will hold a bunch of all those too nice to toss out but too short for the lumber shelf bits.

There is a hump in the floor under the chop saw in case you noticed how sloped the line is between the top of the shorts bin and the underside of the miter station. It's really not sloped, the bin is sitting half on the hump.

cec385b339443d1a685377a0d9edfdf6.jpg

I can see those being full before long. :)

Good idea for keeping them organized. When it fills then sort and burn comes into play i guess.

Something I am taking a liking to is being able to burn things on my property.
I was never able to do it living in suburbia. Now when a branch comes down, or a wall, out to the fire pit it goes. When I accumulate enough to justify it up in smoke it goes. In fact, we tore up 240 sf of wool carpet in the great room last week to put down the new hickory floors. We trashed the foam and put that out on the curb but the carpet got rolled up in small bits and burned. Let me tell you, that stuff can burn HOT!.

The cut off bin under the saw can be considered my kindling box. :D