shoe shine box

I have a friend that's a former student / player that owns a barbershop. He contacted me last week and wanted to know if I'd make him a shoe shine box for his supplies. He sent me a picture of one similar to this one. I added his name and the name of his business. He said he wanted a medium color. The box is oak and the dividers are cherry. I used dye and several coats of spray acrylic for the finish. I left the cherry natural.

box.jpgbox1.jpgbox2.jpg

Very nice. Way better than the cardboard box I use! But then again, I haven't had to wear a shoe with polish in many years.....

Beautiful box, John! :thumb::thumb:Brings back memories of the old gentleman that had a shoe shine chair set up near the weapons controller school at Tyndall AFB in Florida back in the mid sixties. For a buck he would make those leather shoes glisten. There was bunches of us at that school. I always figured he did pretty darn well for himself.

Very neat, John. :thumb:

My dad had a shoe shine box with a foot rest on it, and I shined a lot of boots and shoes with it and its contents as I was growing up. By the time he passed away, the box was pretty much worn out, so my sisters and I decided not to keep it. We have a lot of other things we've kept to remember him (and my mom) by.