Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: magazine rack project

magazine rack project

got this one moving, as i had almost all of the parts cut for it. i need to cut the parts for the last shelf, and the upper and lower parts for the sides. so far, i've planed the legs, and glued them up. going to do the final cleanup of them tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apartment bedroom magazine rack.jpg   001 legs planed and glued up.jpg  
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

since i was running low on time today, i decided to get all of the parts ready (most were already cut), and planed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002 all parts cut.jpg   003 all parts planed.jpg  
    benedictione omnes bene

Dan .....magazine rack?????? Who still buys those things?

Dropped of my son for another session of school today and he could have done with something like this for his clothes.
    cheers

i should have said, all of my woodworking propaganda. my wife says that it will be all in one place, instead of all over the apartment. if you want to surprise him with a copy, i'll send you the plans.
    benedictione omnes bene

while i was spending several lovely hours planing boards for the dresser, i glued up all 5 shelves for this project. who knows what tomorrow will bring....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 004 first set of shelves glued up.jpg   005 second set of shelves glued up.jpg   006 last shelf glued up.jpg  
    benedictione omnes bene

Thanks for the offer Dan i had already offered to build him one but he declined that was even before i saw your post, so he can sort himself out.
    cheers

while the last of the internal frames for the dresser was in the clamps, i decided to do the dado, and mortise layouts on the legs of the magazine shelf.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 007 setting up legs and spindles.jpg  
    benedictione omnes bene

I really like the design, looks a larger version of one I made for my mother in law.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

got quite a bit done on this today. cut the mortises in the legs for the shelves, chamfered both ends of the legs, cut the shelves to width, and did a test setup. fitted the back parts to the shelves, and trimmed down the top one to finished height. then cut the tenons on the top and bottom side parts, and cut the mortises for the spindles. then test fitted the side parts to the legs, and cut the spindles to length. after that, it was tidy up the shop, as it is back to work for another three days. once the the tenons on the spindles are cut, and a full test setup is done, the construction part of this project is finished, and it is on to the sanding and finishing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 008 dadoes for shelves cut.jpg   009 shelves cut to length.jpg   010 test setup.jpg   011 up on its feet.jpg   012 fitting the back parts.jpg  

013 top back part cut to height.jpg   014 tenons cut on top and bottom side parts.jpg   015 top and bottom mortises cut.jpg   016 mortises for spindles cut.jpg   017 top and bottom side parts fitted to legs.jpg  

benedictione omnes bene

cut the tenons on the spindles and did the full test assembly. this is another one completed and ready for finishing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 018 spindles in place.jpg   019 full test assembly.jpg  
    benedictione omnes bene