Thread: Pinball wall art.....but i have a different idea for it..

Pinball wall art.....but i have a different idea for it..

Well I thought given the interest in Darrens thread ya all would get a kick out of this product and video.

Now i have for years since coming to north america wanted to make some Xmas lights that are lets say something different from the ordinary.

So i am thinking what if a person does not have access to an old used pinball table to hang on the wall. Essentially this is a light show board to control many different LEDs.

Well who says it has to be a pinball. I am thinking what about a piece of ply cut out on the bandsaw in the form of a xmas tree and painted green. Then drill a few holese and place the leds as if they were ornaments on the Christmas tree. Anyone see any reason why it would not work.

Yeah to run it outside in winter may take mounting the tree on a box that would keep the weather out but i think it would be a cool different kind of outdoor Xmas display.

Thoughts

Oh by the way this guy in case anyone is interested started making a Game Frame on kickstarter and graduated after amazing support to upgrading his design and bringing out a cool new product if you like segment art and old retro game icons.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ls/description

You can now buy these here from his store

https://ledseq.com/product/game-frame/
    cheers

Oh! I like that wall art!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

What do you think of the game cube, i think its cool but as a product but i am not that big a fan of segment art. If we stopped at segments heck we would not have 4K definition today. LOL
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    What do you think of the game cube, i think its cool but as a product but i am not that big a fan of segment art. If we stopped at segments heck we would not have 4K definition today. LOL
    Well, it's a nice package, but kinda costly for what it is. The addressable LED's are so cheap now and easy to program I'd probably be able to reproduce that for about $30 hardware wise. Now get a phone app working with that to show alerts and give it some purpose, it might be a nice little functional piece.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault