Friday Friday, so good to see

Cooler weather after the rains last night, Working on getting the bug ready for paint. Sanding and typing. All I need now is the paint to arrive.
It would be cool to drive in to NH , But with no AC Something tells me that's not going to happen. LOL
Maybe get a bike ride in this weekend.

What a busy week! Cannot say I am ready for Friday. But here it is. Appointment with TSA this morning to get pre-screened ID for up coming flight to the East coast in three weeks. Picking up some goodies from the Post Office I ordered last week. Work some for the church today, defrost the refrigerator and dump the tanks. Then if any energy remains, work on the Mini Table saw project so I can get back to the CNC cabinet. Tomorrow is all day at the lab; set up the air compressor for the plasma cutter, make MDF templates for the FEL for Big John and work on the table saw fence. Not to mention sermon prep for Sunday which is a normal work day for me. Meeting and visitation after the service, drive home and crash. Come on, vacation! I am ready for one.

Lost a bit of time arguing with the bandsaw. Started vibrating real bad and took it apart thinking one of the bearings went out on one of the wheels. No. The tire on the bottom wheel slipped in one spot creating sort of a gap which caused the blade to dip and rise causing the vibe. Got all of that corrected so everything in the shop is now working. Actually slept in this morning. Wheeeee!!!! That's rare. Went and saw Secret Life of Pets yesterday and it was a blast! I highly recommend it. It's so muggy out there from the slight rains we got here it's gonna be a sauna out there shortly. Not sure what all I will get done, but I'll get something done. Maybe. Could be. Hope so.

Hot and humid weather broke over night...woke up to 60 degrees and now humidity!! Now I'm stuck inside until after work, but then I'll be outside most of the weekend. Need to finish up a walking stick order and just picked up a couple big chunks of cherry I want to rough turn too. Happy Friday!!

Friday: In my shop for a while this morning - sanding some name plaques so I can spray another coat of sealer.

Saturday: Add color coats to name plaques and do a little shop cleanup.

Sunday: The usual: Brunch, chill, NASCAR, chill, etc. Then, we'll have dinner at a neighbor's.

Need to finalize some of our vacation plans to Seattle. Probably putting the new pole saw to use and some other yard cleanup. Need to scope the return side of my pool to find a break and determine if we're going to shut it down for the rest of the season or if it's an easy fix. I need to get back to the Laundry room project and get the cabinets painted for it.

Replacing shock absorbers at all four corners of my Colorado, then a tuneup and oil change for the same vehicle on Saturday. Long overdo on the shocks. Then I might finish stripping down an old 5 panel door that I am re purposing to be a queen size headboard. I was just going to scrape it down good and paint it white but my wife thinks she might like it to have a more natural finish. I'm good either way and really would prefer to get it stripped down to bare wood. We'll have grandkids for part of the weekend so it remains to be seen how much actually gets done.

Sold my dust collector today and loading another load of scrap. talked to auctioneer about getting rid of Pa property. Must have sold the dust collector to cheap as I had two firm I'll take it buyers. Only one was happy. 200 for a harbor freight with Thiien baffle and Wynn filter.

Selling tools you don't plan on replacing is sad and exciting at the same time. As I said I have came to the point where my tools owned me, instead of the other way around..

Have also sold a tool cabinet with top box this week, as well as a drywall lift.

Had new heat pump installed both inside and outside units..not fun when you are going to sell the place.
Garry

Its Hi Yo Hee Hot! here. Pushing 110 yesterday and somewhere north of 100 today, luckily the humidity is in the mid teens so its bearable. Supposed to get down into the mid 90's by the weekend so I'm hoping i can sneak in for an hour or so in the mornings and finish up a little pizza peal repair project for my favourite brewery (arrived with the handle broken - lots of cross grain, and then quickly developed a crack - its also about 2lbs to heavy).

Taking the gooseneck down the valley for a load of hay in the morning. The pastures have not regenerated due to heat and drought, so we're into next winter's feed:(
Took a little drive to the Fundy shore for some lobster tonight. Foggy and 10 degrees cooler there, just 10 km away!

Williamsburg farmers market Saturday morning, DIY memorial celebration at a local park Sunday afternoon honoring my oldest (18) grandson who passed last month.

Saturday is the monthly range day for my practical shooting club. We'll be trying out a few new targets and other props. (One of the guys has built a portable shoot house of some sort.) After that, I'll be taking LOML to the indoor range to run a few rounds through a new (to her) pistol. I tried to talk her into going out with me with to shoot with the club, but she's still a bit self-conscious about her shooting and is afraid the others will be snickering. (This is despite the fact that she's already a better shot than some of the club members. Plus, the club is very non-judgemental. It's made up of all sorts of folks, from beginners to law enforcement officers, and we're all very supportive of each other.)

Sunday will be taken up with yardwork, and bit of maintenance work around the house, and guitar practice. I also need to spend some time setting up (programming) my guitar rig for some of the new songs I'm learning with a new band. And if we can decide where to put it, I might start roughing out some plans for a new shed.

And my condolences to your family and you, Ted.

Pretty routine weekend here, Yesterday sat most of the day waiting for a plumber to come and move a drain line... the line from the kitchen to the septic is a 25 year old line, a 1 1/2" line and clogged since Sunday. He came out on Tuesday to try and unclog, then promised to come back on Thursday to change it... didn't make it till yesterday. I had worked on it all day Sunday and part of Monday to no avail.

Today will be a day in the shop, working on a few bowls and mills for my Farmer's market booth starting up again in August.
Tomorrow, maybe a visit to a friend in the Hospital... will depend on how well Dianne feels for the trip.