Thread: HELP. Need some red cedar veneer

HELP. Need some red cedar veneer

I am in need of some red cedar veneer. When "red cedar veneer" I mean the kind of red cedar that you line closets with. I am using 3/4" red cedar plywood and need some veneer to cover up the edges with. Does anyone know if they make that type of veneer and where to purchase it?

Thomasville, GA
    One thing you could do is rip some strips of plywood a bit wider than the thickness of the plywood. Then, cut off a thin layer of the surface veneer. You'd have an exact match that way.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    You may be able to find some at a lumber specialty store. Or, you could obtain a cedar board of appropriate length and take very thin slices off it with a fine cutting table saw blade. I have used thin slices cut in this way (a by product of milling a board to size) to cover plywood edges.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks Roger!!

Thanks Bill!

Wapakoneta, OH
    There are 2 places I always look for the less common veneers (Cedan, a manufacturer; and Veneer Supplies, a supplier) and neither of them list an edge banding in red cedar. (Veneer Supplies indicates they can get custom veneers as you want $$$$, I would think). My guess is that you won't find this stuff easily, so the above suggestions may be more expeditious as well as a lot cheaper.
    I long for the days when Coke was a cola and a joint was a bad place to be (Merle Haggard; 1939-2016)

Independence MO
    I see it sold as both a veneer and a drawer/project liner on Amazon.
    Is the project one, where you could adjust the plywood size, and instead of trying to cut a thin piece of veneer, just use a larger cedar trim board? (maybe want more of a round edge, then a straight one)