Girl Power

Rob Keeble

I was researching the HF portable garage thinking of a place to store Stoutakubota for the winter. Well one review on Harbor Freight mention you tube videos and a specific young lady that reinforced the roof. Thinking of the snow this seemed worth checking out.

The young lady is so impressive I just had to share this video with ya all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qet8qAJgiA

check out some of her other videos ..

After having seen a bunch of youngsters last night walking the street looking endlessly for Pokemans :bonkers::huh::doh:it was so uplifting to see this video. Her parents must be really proud of her just so many skills displayed at such a young age. Really cool to see:):thumb:

And at one of my clients they have a young guy who just finished school studying to be a programmer, and he decided he is going back to school and going to be a carpenter. He is a really brilliant programmer but he loves woodworking and has become disillusioned with sitting at a desk working on the computer.
He wants to do finewoodworking and already makes things out of all sorts as a hobby. Naturally i have been enabling with all sorts of goodies and some decent wood from my shop. Now my client asked me to make a plan and go with him and the youngster before he goes to school again and help them choose some tools as a gift. Got to tell you on both accounts both the youngster his value add to the company in just the summer has been immense, way beyond his pay grade and the client has responded on his own and is making great strides in their business specifically in HR area. Result is everyone is happy.

Theres a lot of bright lights in the next generation, I feel sorry for the ones chasing virtual imaginary things around, they missing out on a great deal inmo. Guess at least they off the couch.:rofl:

Nicely done indeed. The 2x4 re-enforcing looked well put in even.

I had one of those as a cover for my tractor when I had a tractor, and it survived ~2' of snow and 70mph winds with just some rope guy lines to tie it down. I'd reckon hers is good for the apocalypse :)

I love to see stuff like that.

I see nothing wrong with smart phones, technology, or even computer games. BUT - there is more to life than that.

And who ever said girls can't do stuff like the trades, just like guys can cook and sew.

I love to see stuff like that.

I see nothing wrong with smart phones, technology, or even computer games. BUT - there is more to life than that.

And who ever said girls can't do stuff like the trades, just like guys can cook and sew.

Leo, it is obvious that you have not seen my sewing. Myrna's sewing was really great. It is too bad I didn't have her teach me a bit of it.

Enjoy,
JimB

As we all know, that young lady didn't get that knowledgeable on her own. Just like she didn't film and edit and prepare all of that on her own. I am not taking anything away from her or her wonderful and entertaining video. I am just saying somewhere there is family or friends that are helping this young lady along her journey. And that is the way it is supposed to be (from my perspective). Many of us talk of our dads or grandpas that influenced us, maybe a neighbor. So, kudos to this young lady but also to all of her "support staff" that is making her knowledge base and skill grow.