How Many Nails to Build a House??

Pete Simmons

Another start them young.

My 6 year old home schooled Grandson asked how many nails to build a house. His Mom (Home Schooler but also a certified Teacher) said well how could you find out.

How about you build a house and count the nails you use. So off to home depot and the building began.

Mostly built by Andrew with some Mom and Dad help.

So if any of you home builders need to know how many nails to build a house the answer is 387.

Again so proud of Andrew's desire to build and ability to follow thru and finish construction.

andrewhouse.JPG

Oh how I love that!!!

That's the kind of thing we tried to do with our kids. If one mentioned fabric they got a trip to the yardage store. They spent time in jail because they asked for that---Oh yes the fire station got a visit another time. Others: A trip to where they build Frehauf trailers for semis. A trip to LAX where all of the employees seemed to have fun exposing them to luggage, loading areas, they even got to roam through a 707, sit in the pilot's seat, see how the food was brought aboard, lavatories cleaned, etc., etc., etc.

The kids are so eager to learn --- except when they were in school I think (even so ours managed some "A"s on the report cards). It is a crime that all parents cannot spend some time pursuing their kids curiosity leads.

Enjoy and keep up the good work with your grandson,
JimB

Very nice Pete!

Funny, my dad was hired for a job by a house kit company once, he had to keep a log of every nail and board used so they would know how many of each was required for the kit.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk