Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday

Outside the beltway

It's Friday

Great weather this weekend, Jarrod and I are preparing 50 pounds of venison burger for the big party on the Potomac at an Old Mill.
    Sunday August family members BD party.
    Shop is packed once again with work.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Parker County, Texas
    Going back to physical therapy today for my left knee. This way it gets twisted and bent in ways that make it hurt. More than it already does. My My. Saturday it's back to turning. Got lots to get done over the next two months. Need to get done about another 40 pieces of all kinds by then. More if I can. If not, then I can't and get done what I can. That'll have to be good enough.

falcon heights, minnesota
    more work on furniture and such....
    benedictione omnes bene

Nova Scotia, 45N 64W
    Some farm work, some yard work, a little culinary road trip with my wife tomorrow. Maybe the Star Trek movie Sunday night.
    Trying to knock some big jobs off the list before a little trip to New England in a couple of weeks

Escondido, CA
    May be an interesting day today. Had my laptop refurbished - double the existing RAM, new battery and new hard drive, along with a general cleaning. Gi=to a clean install of the OS, so today will be reinstalling my desired software and document files. They are backed up in two places, so we will see how all that goes for this non-techno geek. Tomorrow back at the lab for a myriad of tasks, SUnday the day job. Been knocking off tasks to prepare for a lobster dinner (or 2) in New England in a couple of weeks. Also plan to be traveling around Lake Michigan with a friend after the gathering. Might be able to see a few folk to say 'howdy' along the way. We begin in Grand Rapids. Known stops thus far are in NW IN, Chicago, Sheboygan, WI and the UP. Then back to GR for the flight home on the 31st. A real vacation. Been a long time.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Be working on the Starlight Village Building #1
    I am down to trim and details.
    After the trim I will work on the sliding barn door - then to paint it.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Watching the grandson part of the weekend, yard work, and getting some pool time in if the rain holds out.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Thomasville, GA
    Started with mowing this morning. Afternoon will involve packing the SUV in preparation to head to Gulf Shores, AL for a family gathering at the beach. We'll be there for a week - all 12 of us in one house - thankfully a very large beach house.

So, no shop time this weekend!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

ABQ NM
    Saturday will be a combination of house and yard chores, with some guitar practice thrown in for good measure. I also need to see if I can figure out why my guitar synthesizer failed to work at our last show.

Sunday I'll be attending an all-day firearms class with LOML. I've already done the class, but it'll all be new stuff for her. I'm just tagging along to monitor the class and refresh my own knowledge.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Yorktown, Virginia
    Lots of yard work for me. Neglected while family was visiting. Also building a backstop for target practice in anticipation of the arrival of the new pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air rifle in .25 cal. Wascally wabbits look out!