Thread: Dado adapter/insert

Dado adapter/insert

Long time ago in another galaxy........ I am trying to re-arrange my shop and finding things I did not know I had!; I have this contraption, 4 discs made of aluminum, 2-11/16" in diameter numbered from 1 to 4, the two outside discs are #'s 1 and 4 with numbers around the circumference starting at #0 to the left numbers 1 to 37 in odd numbers, to the right numbers 2 to 38 in even numbers and ending with #39, discs #1 and 4 have indentions that mate with discs #2 and 3, 2 and 3 are cut in an angle and by mating these discs the saw blade is at an angle and would cut a groove like some dado heads; I assume that according to the number combinations you could vary the width of the groove, there is not a name of the product only its stamped pat. pend. I believe this came from a Company that was selling kits for making your own table saw.
    Hopefully someone remembers this Company just out of curiosity.
    Thanks, Martin

Escondido, CA
    Sounds like a wobble dado blade. A number of companies made/make them. Hate them myself. Think it is a very dangerous blade. Threw mine out an dgot a stacked set instead. Much more comfortable with those.

Problem as I see it (or don't see it) is that the cut is wider than what my eye perceives as the spinning blade. Very disconcerting.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed