Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Woodworking Fans! IT'S FRIDAY !

Good Morning Woodworking Fans! IT'S FRIDAY !

And it's going to bea hot one here in the east. Tomorrow 106 today is just the warm up.
    I'll be finishing the VW , baught the tags yesterday afternoon at AAA.
    Did ya know AAA now offers tags & titles. Thay do in the state of Md.
    Tomorrow big gathering of friends at my home for an early BD party, and I'll give the car to her then. I think she might have an idea. She stopped by the shop yesterday and was admiring it. The guys didn't miss a beat. Talking about the customer who owns it. It's going to be interisting, I could have baught her flowers for no special reason and she'd be just a happy.
    Last edited by Dave Hawksford; 08-12-2016 at 11:08 AM.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    And it's going to bea hot one here in the east. Tomorrow 106 today is just the warm up.
    I'll be finishing the VW , baught the tags yesterday afternoon at AAA.
    Did ya know AAA now offers tags & titles. Thay do in the state of Md.
    Tomorrow big gathering of friends at my home for an early BD party, and I'll give the car to her then. I think she might have an idea. She stopped by the shop yesterday and was admiring it. The guys didn't miss a beat. Talking about the customer who owns it. It's going to be interisting, I could have baught her flowers for no special reason and she'd be just a happy.
    Only about 94F here in Tokyo (warm enough thanks) but the humidity is brutal, add that to the concrete jungle and the fact that it might cool off maybe a few degrees at night (its called a heat island, all them AC units going full blast) and well I'm glad I'm working in the Dungeon!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Don't think I can work in anything related to shop time this weekend. Something about getting ready to go on vacation next week.

Weather is nice, but will be warming to 100+. Relatively no humidity though. Not sure I am looking forward to back east and midwest weather for two weeks!

Found out last night, my high school class reunion is this weekend. How it took so long for them to contact me is a mystery - or a blessing! No way I can be in MN tomorrow night and back home in time to work Sunday morning. Little late to find a sub. Oh, well. I never was one of the 'in' crowd in high school. Still aren't. No loss on my part.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Getting close to panic mode in getting everything ready for next weekend

Yard work, finishing up details on the bathroom reno, straighten up the shop, food shopping, and dealing with the heat and humidity.

I love it
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Have to do some work on my girlfriend's computer. Nothing major, just a little file corruption apparently. We've been hitting 104-106 here but have rain coming starting sometime this afternoon or evening. Today's supposed to get up to 103-4 then tomorrow cool down some through mid next week. I'll get some work done, but not sure how much. Might end up being a nice time to relax and enjoy some movies or something and let the rain fall! Come on rain. The only problem after all the rain is it will heat back up in the 100's and be a sauna bath.

Have to cut out bug infected lilac bush. In this heat not much fun. Seems I don't take heat as well as when I was younger. Tomorrow looks to be cooler and then down into the 80 s. Great!!!!!! Also rain in the forecast. Seeing as how lawn mowed yesterday needs the moisture to grow so I can mow again. Weeks growth is almost baling time. It is green and pretty. Carol I feel for you and the drought. Since the area is supposed to be green and lush. The world turns in mysterious ways.
    David

Bobbie and I have been at the beach in Gulf Shores, AL since last Saturday. We'll head home tomorrow morning and then crash for a while.

The weather has been a bear since Wednesday - stormy, windy - at times mindful of a low-level hurricane - not what you want for the beach but it's still been a relaxing getaway with family.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Had a little rain her today, which it's supposed to cool off tomorrow for the weekend. I'll be having dinner with my daughter and grandson tonight, then watching him tonight and picking my wife up at the airport later. Plan to finish up the room for my grandson to stay in at our house with a big boy bed (rails required though, so some woodworking will happen this weekend). May do some cleaning in the garage & shop tomorrow also, the planning to do some brewing on Sunday.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

It's really too hot to work outside, but I may do a little on the shed.

The BIG event is to make a BIG batch o stuffed quahogs

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Voisine View Post
    It's really too hot to work outside, but I may do a little on the shed.

The BIG event is to make a BIG batch o stuffed quahogs

Faith, Hope & Charity