Thread: Mini tablesaw project

Mini tablesaw project

Not a 'new' tool but a resurrected and repurposed old tool.

I have a big ol' Grizzly cabinet saw that has been stored for years now. Unavailable because there is no space to set it up anywhere. But I need to have tablesaw capability for a number of other smaller projects.

I had acquired this little tabletop Delta saw and decided it could be made to work out well. A few changes were in order. I didn't get a fence with it, so a solution had to be found there. I took a page from Beismeyer and got pretentious. The fence body is a clamp guide from Harbor Freight a bit modified. I mounted a channel on the front of the saw, created a tee bar for the clamp, removed one of the clamp pads, and Bob's yer uncle. I did have to 3D print a part to hold the tee bar in position.

Still to do is apply the PSA tape measure (when it gets here), add an folding outfeed table. and fashion a dust collector. I will also use a 7 1/2" blade instead of the 10". Have no real need for the 10" and it is a lot noisier that the smaller blade. Fence works well. Not as beefy as the steel Biesmeyer but in keeping with the lightweight duty of this saw. Whole thing is on a rolling cabinet.

This is the same saw I dedicated to the iBox jig which will get a workout when I get back from vacation. I need some drawers, both in the CNC cabinet (in the background) and for the mini tablesaw cabinet. The lab has a big panel saw for breaking down sheets and a SCMS for cutting to length. The tablesaw will rip to widths, create the dado for the bottoms and do the box joint corners.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	96912
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Way to go girl. You are being very creative an innovative. And, you have moved into modern times, making a part with a 3-D printer. Congrats on all fronts.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Nice! Me thinks you are on to something in being able to sell that 3d part and instructions. I'm sure there are lots of those saws out there needing an improved fence design.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Keep those projects going Carol. Using the old brain keeps us young.
    Cool today so got in some shop time, sure missed that in this heat but it's letting up.
    David

You never cease to amaze, Carol.

One of your endearing qualities is how thoroughly you dispel the stereotype of the little gray-haired preacher lady.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    One of your endearing qualities is how thoroughly you dispel the stereotype of the little gray-haired preacher lady.
    There's a stereotype?
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Her secret is she never gave anyone her power. Remember dynamite comes in small packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    You never cease to amaze, Carol.

"Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

[QUOTE=Vaughn McMillan;456104]You never cease to amaze, Carol.

One of your endearing qualities is how thoroughly you dispel the stereotype of the little gray-haired preacher lady. [/QUOTE

Reminds me of 151proof Rum. It looks sweet but it can knock you on your butt pretty quick.
    Faith, Hope & Charity