Mini tablesaw project

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Not a 'new' tool but a resurrected and repurposed old tool.

I have a big ol' Grizzly cabinet saw that has been stored for years now. Unavailable because there is no space to set it up anywhere. But I need to have tablesaw capability for a number of other smaller projects.

I had acquired this little tabletop Delta saw and decided it could be made to work out well. A few changes were in order. I didn't get a fence with it, so a solution had to be found there. I took a page from Beismeyer and got pretentious. The fence body is a clamp guide from Harbor Freight a bit modified. I mounted a channel on the front of the saw, created a tee bar for the clamp, removed one of the clamp pads, and Bob's yer uncle. I did have to 3D print a part to hold the tee bar in position.

Still to do is apply the PSA tape measure (when it gets here), add an folding outfeed table. and fashion a dust collector. I will also use a 7 1/2" blade instead of the 10". Have no real need for the 10" and it is a lot noisier that the smaller blade. Fence works well. Not as beefy as the steel Biesmeyer but in keeping with the lightweight duty of this saw. Whole thing is on a rolling cabinet.

This is the same saw I dedicated to the iBox jig which will get a workout when I get back from vacation. I need some drawers, both in the CNC cabinet (in the background) and for the mini tablesaw cabinet. The lab has a big panel saw for breaking down sheets and a SCMS for cutting to length. The tablesaw will rip to widths, create the dado for the bottoms and do the box joint corners.

IMG_1203.jpg

Nice! Me thinks you are on to something in being able to sell that 3d part and instructions. I'm sure there are lots of those saws out there needing an improved fence design. ;)

Keep those projects going Carol. Using the old brain keeps us young.
Cool today so got in some shop time, sure missed that in this heat but it's letting up.
David

You never cease to amaze, Carol. :thumb:

One of your endearing qualities is how thoroughly you dispel the stereotype of the little gray-haired preacher lady. :D