Carol's House Build Thread

The next step is in place. The civil engineer finished the plat map. I have a meeting with the structural engineer next Wednesday in Chandler, AZ. He determines my design can be practically built (meaning it may be subject to change) and then he can draw the plans for the permit to be submitted to the county. This is the structural engineer for the panel company I am using.

Things are moving and I am most grateful. Gotta get this done before the summer FWW gathering at my house. Yep! It's still on.

snoopy-dance.png

Great news, Carol! Somehow I suspect the structural engineer won't need to make any significant changes to your design. You tend to think things through pretty completely. ;)

Time for an update.

Panel engineer called back with footprint questions. He expects to have things ready in a couple of weeks. I have an appointment with a HVAC engineer tomorrow afternoon and the fire marshal on Friday. I have a contractor with experience building SIPS houses engaged. We may have everything ready for the county in 2-3 weeks. Then we wait again.

While we wait, I plan to get the trees removed that have to come out and a fence built on the interior plot lines. Maybe even the aerial utilities lines moved.

Ground breaking is still months off.

Sigh....