Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another fine Friday

Another fine Friday

In NH, wondering where to get breakfast.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Find a diner - best place's to go

Been kinda soggy here for a few days and more to come. Summer monsoon has moved in. Limiting my work some. Yesterday had therapy on my left knee and was fitted with a heavy duty brace for more support. Should help getting around more. Danged thing almost went completely backwards the other day while I was walking some. That was weird feeling. Told the therapist about that and she said that since my tendons and ligaments are so stretched out that it might have totally gone the other way if I didn't stop and shake it back in place. Anyway, when this next rain front passes I have some logs to cut down and get ready to mount on the lathe to rough out some cake stands. If it rains to much I guess I'll watch movies, relax and do it tomorrow.

Thanks Leo,
    It's nice being in a cooler area, i can breathe.
    Jarrod and Hector are holding down the Ft. Tony is in LA visiting so just the 2.

When I return Sunday I'll have a day to prep for a ride to Niagara Falls with a group (10) which will finish out August
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Looks like I'm free tonight and tomorrow morning, so planning some shop time and maybe a little yard work. I have a couple of more signs to knock out for a co-worker. I have a bead blasting project I need to get started on, but will require a break down of the project first. We'll have the grandson the other half of the weekend and am looking forward to it. We may have to see if the cider mill is doing any kids stuff on Sunday.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

I am planning to sit (doctor's orders) and sharpen as many of my 30 or so planes as I can, and decide which ones to sell and which to keep. I have to admit that having five of the same type of plane, even if thay are different makes and ages, is a bit silly. Two that work well should be enough.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

off to the doc's yesterday, then painted the bedroom. today, working on another plaque for another coworker, then work on furniture since i'm on vacation.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Relaxing with friends in New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rideout View Post
    Relaxing with friends in New Hampshire
    Sounds interesting. Mind if we join you?

Catching up on what has been going on around the forum. Started a new position with the same company that doesn't allow much online access outside of work stuff so I haven't been around here as much. Hope everyone in NH has a great time and great weather!! I'm looking forward to some cooler weather after the storms that are about 30 minutes away...then some shop time this weekend. Have a couple shows that might be on the horizon so need to finish up some cutting boards, bowls and start making some pens. Happy Friday!!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website