Need a really thin kerf cut on the TS?

This is why cutting paper with the good sewing shears gets you a woopin! Its pretty astoundingly abrasive stuff - there is a lot of clay and other gritty particles used in the manufacture to hold ink better and act as whitening.

I've actually been looking for a non abrasive paper for carving patterns so I can carve through it without it wearing so bad on the chisels... if anyone knows of such a thing...

I've got to say that is really amazing. But I guess with paper being from wood, or partly anyway, why not? I wonder if you would get better results from something like poster board? I ain't got a clue but it might be possible. Something to play with if you just don't have anything else to do. Right? :p

David, I think it's because some folks just have nothing better to do. I find it to be neat thing, but as far as I am concerned impractical for any real work. But, some year I will have nothing else to do and I will try it with poster board just so I can say I did. And, then seeing it's really one of those things that I would not admit to, I won't tell anybody. :rofl: