Info for finishing cherry doors

Mike miles

Ordered some cherry veneer doors. Planning on just doing a clear coat. Unless the doors aint quite red enough then I may stain. I was thinking of using sherwood hi build pre cat lacquer. Opinions on using that finish? And should I use a sealer? What steps should I take in finishing? I do have a sprayer ready to use for the project. Thanks in advance

With cherry veneer you want to use sealer, 1et couple of coats keep them thin. Piss coats. Then a couple of medium coats of the pre-cat and then a couple of heaver coats. This way you wouldn't get pooling or fisheyes.

thanks dave. i just got the trim yesterday and pick up the doors tomorrow. i have tiling to do this weekend so i don't know if ill start this weekend. the two bigger name brands in my area are sherwin williams and cabot. for a sealer sherwin williams has a yellow tinge to it so i was thinking of trying the cabot. since your an ml campbell fan. Have you used the 2 brands i listed ever or know much about em? or is ml campbell so much better should i just have it mailed to me? i want the best product possible when done. also if the doors look like the trim that came in then im for sure going to leave the wood natural. so just seal and lacqeur. and would you say lacquer is the best finish? thanks dave!
?

For the ml campbell. Which sealer and lacquer would I want to use? And do they both come out Crystal clear? And what sheen for the lacquer? I do like to learn haha

ml cambell products sealer is called easy sand and the lacquer is precat magna max, as for for sheen i prefer satin but do it with gloss for build and then buff to get sheen you can get it in various sheens already they get sheen factors from adding materials in the finish