Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What day is it?!

What day is it?!

Dave started the weekend off early, but he ended up in the ditch. I'm sure glad that turned out okay.

We can't even come close to last weekend's great time, but here it is anyway.

My wife's away to a weaving seminar in Cape Breton Island and I'm catching up on a big list of big jobs around home. Just keep checking them off, quick breaks for food and beverage and keep rolling.
    What's on your list?

Went to therapy yesterday for my left knee and had a bit of a scare. The leg was slightly swollen with some discoloration near the ankle. And of course I never noticed any of this. The therapist sent me back to the doctor and had an ultrasound to check for blood clots in the leg. There were none so back working in the shop today. But going a tad bit slower. And, I guess I'll have to keep going a bit slower. Having to keep a closer eye on things cuz they said there are other possibilities but need more observation first. So, me observing me. Weird sounding. But, I'm still plugging and that's good enough for me. Supposed to be going into another monsoon here starting later this afternoon, so that will slow me down even more. But, the lakes and rivers are full and staying full. I like that.

Continuing work on re-arranging the upstairs and cleaning up/out the stuff that just isn't needed there anymore. Have some yard work that needs catching up on. I picked up an i7 cpu & motherboard with 8 gb of ram for $100 off a co-worker, so the pinball cabinet is getting an upgrade if I have time. I also have a couple of signs to do for a co-worker.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

working on the dresser, and is that coming along fast. that, and working on the magazine rack.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Making a plaque for my brother in law.

I also have some landscaping in the works.

I have a shed in the works, and two more after that. I also have house siding, windows, bay window, shop cabinets and a kitchen remodel and a sign for the church. I think I will be busy for awhile

This weekend is a big letdown after last weekend. Defiantly not as much fun

But still busy. Worked most of the day at the church cutting the grass and field. Some light maintenance to the building too. Saturday I'll be repairing my grand daughters bed (again) and getting over to her house. Also starting the repairs the chairs that Dave showed me how to do. Should be a busy woodworking weekend
    I finished the cabinet for the bathroom and got that installed. I'd say that I'll post a pic in the build section but I will totally forget to do it so I'll stick it here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	97034

Almost forgot, Marilyn is taking care of her mother tonight in Massachusetts so I'm a bachelor But I'm feeling a bit better about it because I went out an picked up a bag of fried chicken and quart of butter crunch ice cream. That's our secret, right
    Faith, Hope & Charity

And I am still on vacation. Visited relatives today and hit two estate sales. Picked up one of these for cheap: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drill press stand.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	97035

Had lunch out that busted my diet, which I planned. Hope I won't regret it.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Last weekend was a great time. Shelly and I enjoyed it. This weekend I'm back on the couch. I went 2 days without pain killers and decided to take one. I do feel mych better. Once again in la la land lol
    Last edited by Dave Hawksford; 08-26-2016 at 10:51 PM.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Just arrived home to find lots of gardening to do and maybe some fig preserves to make.....yum!

I love figs, mom had 4 super large fig trees and the neighborhood is loaded with them from her off shoots
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com