What day is it?!

Peter Rideout

Dave started the weekend off early, but he ended up in the ditch. I'm sure glad that turned out okay.

We can't even come close to last weekend's great time, but here it is anyway.

My wife's away to a weaving seminar in Cape Breton Island and I'm catching up on a big list of big jobs around home. Just keep checking them off, quick breaks for food and beverage and keep rolling.
What's on your list?

Went to therapy yesterday for my left knee and had a bit of a scare. The leg was slightly swollen with some discoloration near the ankle. And of course I never noticed any of this. The therapist sent me back to the doctor and had an ultrasound to check for blood clots in the leg. There were none so back working in the shop today. But going a tad bit slower. And, I guess I'll have to keep going a bit slower. Having to keep a closer eye on things cuz they said there are other possibilities but need more observation first. So, me observing me. Weird sounding. But, I'm still plugging and that's good enough for me. Supposed to be going into another monsoon here starting later this afternoon, so that will slow me down even more. But, the lakes and rivers are full and staying full. I like that.

Continuing work on re-arranging the upstairs and cleaning up/out the stuff that just isn't needed there anymore. Have some yard work that needs catching up on. I picked up an i7 cpu & motherboard with 8 gb of ram for $100 off a co-worker, so the pinball cabinet is getting an upgrade if I have time. I also have a couple of signs to do for a co-worker.

Making a plaque for my brother in law.

I also have some landscaping in the works.

I have a shed in the works, and two more after that. I also have house siding, windows, bay window, shop cabinets and a kitchen remodel and a sign for the church. I think I will be busy for awhile

This weekend is a big letdown after last weekend. Defiantly not as much fun:)

But still busy. Worked most of the day at the church cutting the grass and field. Some light maintenance to the building too. Saturday I'll be repairing my grand daughters bed (again) and getting over to her house. Also starting the repairs the chairs that Dave showed me how to do. Should be a busy woodworking weekend:D
I finished the cabinet for the bathroom and got that installed. I'd say that I'll post a pic in the build section but I will totally forget to do it so I'll stick it here.
001.jpg

Almost forgot, Marilyn is taking care of her mother tonight in Massachusetts so I'm a bachelor:( But I'm feeling a bit better about it because I went out an picked up a bag of fried chicken and quart of butter crunch ice cream. That's our secret, right ;)

And I am still on vacation. Visited relatives today and hit two estate sales. Picked up one of these for cheap: drill press stand.jpeg

Had lunch out that busted my diet, which I planned. Hope I won't regret it.

Last weekend was a great time. Shelly and I enjoyed it. This weekend I'm back on the couch. I went 2 days without pain killers and decided to take one. I do feel mych better. Once again in la la land lol

Last edited:
Yup I'll add jealous of the figs to the list. Even better than apricots :)

No idea what well get up to really. Lots of projects but not sure which I'll end up getting to.

We have two fig bushes that are really struggling to make it, they're about 2 years old now..... one was eaten by deer I think right down to the ground and figured it was gone... the other lost 3 of it's 4 stems and figured might lose it too... both have bounced back, the one that was eaten has grown to a good foot high this summer, the other has sprouted a few new stems and actually had 5 figs on it this summer.... hopefully they'll do better next year.

This weekend is another day at the Market tomorrow and then Sunday I have to pick up the grass piles that I raked up yesterday... we got home from Dianne's doctor appointment in time for me to load the truck for the market then we got a down pour, so couldn't get the grass up today.

Not a lot planned for the weekend. I'll be doing chores around the house on Saturday, then Sunday I think we're going to take a drive to show LOML some of the local mountains and other sights that she's not seen yet.

@Darren ...wow that deal was a sure bonus. I would sooner turn that board into a powerful graphics video drafting workstation given the i7. ;) 100 bucks man you hit a luck.

@Ted seems a few of us have more in common than wood , i love figs, fig jam, preserved figs and Costco here sells a dried fig from Turkey so man you making me jealous and mmmm hungry.

Well i got work on my tractor planned. Got front wheels emptied of ballast and tires changed during the week. This weekend i have to deal with the rear large ones.
Ballast thats in them is windshield washer, and i ain't putting it back, should not have been in there in the first place according to the Kubota service manuals.
While wheels are off will do the repair to the oil seal and rest of service.

Will be like new after.

Last edited:
Taking some time off from the shed build due to rain - rain that was supposed to be here tomorrow. :doh:

Sure glad we painted the floor when we did!

Ready to get back to construction as soon as the skies clear