Recent tool deliveries...

Kerry Burton

This stuff arrived over the last 2 days (thanks for the sale info on the Termite, Vaughn!)

A540_0097_HollowingAndPartingTools.jpg

Now that I have it all ... what do I do with it? :huh: (I'm sure I'll come up with something.)

Wow, I missed this post yesterday. :doh: Congrats on the new toys, Kerry. :clap: I do like the Termite; much less tear out, although I still need more practice with it to get the presentation consistent. I've also got a thin parting tool similar to the one in the picture, and that one I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use. Let me know if you have any "aha" moments with it. :thumb:

I've also got a thin parting tool similar to the one in the picture, and that one I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use. Let me know if you have any "aha" moments with it. :thumb:

Well, I haven't had any "aha" moments myself, but I did run across an interesting tip on grinding the tool. The first post in the Free how-to videos on pen making thread (on the AAW message board) lists 5 free videos on turning pens. The parting tool grinding tip is discussed in the first 4 minutes of video #4 -- Inlay embellishments on a pen (100MB).

Thanks for the tip, Kerry. I'm downloading the file now, and I'll check out the video when I have a few spare minutes. (Kinda buried right now.)

BTW, to anyone wanting to check out the video, I'd suggest right-clicking on the link in Kerry's post, then selecting "Save as..." or whatever similar option your browser offers. It's a pretty big file. ;)

Edited later to add...watched the video, and it was indeed informative, not only in regards to the parting tool, but the inlay technique, too. Now I'll have to check out the other four videos. ;)