Well i am into several days of fixing my tractor.
First day was diesel fuel filter, engine oil and filter and removal and clean up of total water cooling system as well as install of new thermostat.
Have yet to put radiator back been busy on and off with cleaning and rattle can spray job.
Had new tires put on both front and rear, oh boy you should have seen old ones when fluid and air were out. No question as to that need.
Then got down to air filter and what do you know previous owner was paying service department for doing nothing all these years.
See cover of air filter, my research online permitted me to know that this cover is two parts and acts with filter like a mini cyclone. When filter is changed or cleaned then inner cup should be popped out and outer cup cleaned. This unit was rusted closed and you can see the wad that was leveraged out.
Today was hydraulic fluid day. Drained 13 litres from transmission, changed filter and then set about the big repair job.
I had noticed since getting the tractor that there was hydraulic fluid dripping from rhs rear axle area. Worked out it had to be oil seal inside brake drum housing and sure enough, when i opened it up and broke the gasket seal oil poured forth like a dyke breaking.
this is the brake drum housing oil was leaking on the bottom edge.
cracked open, brake pads saturated in hydraulic fluid.
the culpret oil seal, if you look carefully one can see a edge at around the 7 o clock mark thats failed. Was probably like that from poor install previously.
all cleaned up and new seal installed.
Worth showing trick i learned online on how to get an oil seal out,
what you do is take a self tapper and screw in and when it hits bearing on other side it lifts the seal out with no problem. Naturally the seal is done so this only works where new seal is to be used.
I would never consider disassembly of anything involving a seal and put old one back so to me its an excellent tip and method.
new brake pads and gasket
Have real work to do for next few days so will be a while before i get to close it up.
Meanwhile i filled up the fluid to make sure there are no further leaks.
Still on the list is front diff oil and both wheels gearboxes oil to be changed.
Also going to do a little body work repair on hood and some rattle can spraying after.
Reckon it will be good for a long time after this, will be like new.
Also inspected rims at tire change time and they must have been new replacements somewhere along the way, they in excellent condition.
Oh will also add some new ( old ones were not there) tailights and hazards and get new hooter wired up and working.
Going to look for a ROPs bar too when i get in front of a decent dealer. The one near me has to be the worst equipment dealer on the planet. They have no idea of customer service.
This mechanical work can be just as rewarding as woodworking.
Now i am itching to get welding so i can make up a crane for it.