Solo Chair

I haven't considered the pro and con, but have you considered doing the first lamination bend, as you did, but then cutting the bent wood into strips and making a bend in the second direction, rather than making a wide lamination as you did and creating scrap?

I haven't considered the pro and con, but have you considered doing the first lamination bend, as you did, but then cutting the bent wood into strips and making a bend in the second direction, rather than making a wide lamination as you did and creating scrap?
yeah but for just making one chair, the waste is not a big deal.

Ok I'll admit it, cutting these two back legs with their compound miter cuts was a bit tense, make a mistake and I'd have to remake the whole leg. They are cut to length now and are spot on, yes a big sigh of relief. Now on to the M&T joints.
Yippee!
3b5c5111d6344fde9c7cded8f47dc483.jpg

e6451d361738809e31d2ad0b110fdc9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following this thread with a lot of interest. Making a laminated part is something that I will need to do in the future.! Thanks for the thorough posting Stu!

Way too many things taking me away from these chairs in my life right, now, I could bore you to tears with the stuff going on, but I am working on getting these things done!

IMG_1944.JPG

The solo chair is in the middle, it has some sanding to do yet, but the only other things left to do is some metal brackets on these chairs.
I hope to have them on the transport our the door by early next week.
Wish me luck!

I didn't realize you had to make TWO prototypes... maybe you could make them a deal they can't refuse on one or both of the extras? Perhaps as practice chairs when they are a foot above the ground instead of high over the arena.

I didn't realize you had to make TWO prototypes... maybe you could make them a deal they can't refuse on one or both of the extras? Perhaps as practice chairs when they are a foot above the ground instead of high over the arena.

Sorry this is confusing, the middle chair is the Solo chair, this chair is only in drawings (they did not tell me that at the start).

The other two chairs are replacements for the chair they are using now, they call them the Tightwire Chairs.

The solo chair has been a bit of a brain twister, using the bent lamination legs and making a chair that only exists in drawings, and a lot of the crucial measurements are missing on the drawings.... yeah it was a challenge.