It's Friday - 9/2/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF...and a long weekend to boot! Weather here is awesome and planning to take off a little early today to spend some time with the grandson. I may try to get more done on the laundry room project this weekend, but mostly need to get some clean up done in the shop. Probably do some yard work also.

What's on your plate?

Up at o'dark thirty to take the car in for service. Then dig out from under the small mountain of vacation laundry. Tomorrow work on the tractor project. Sunday the day job. Nothing special for Monday except I don't have my regular doctor's appointment. Good to be back home.

I keep losing time by going to therapy for my knees. Today looks like it's going to be another wet one. Finished roughing out some cake stands out of elm Wednesday and need to give them another DNA bath. Over the weekend I'll be just turning bowls and whatever. Need to build up the stock items for online purposes as well as the big fair I go to in November. Monday I am going to be smoking a brisket with pecan and mesquite. Gonna be good!!!

We're in recovery mode today. The center of Hermine got fairly close to us overnight. We had some wind gusts that were pretty serious and ended up with 3.9" of rain. I captured a chart of the barometric pressure from my weather station. BP was 29.70 yesterday, then dropped to 29.05 as the center of the storm got to about 20 miles away from us around 5am.

ScreenShot20160902a.jpg

Our electric service went out about 2am but we weren't aware of it until about 5am when the wind and rain awakened us. After checking what we could, we dressed and drove to Waffle House for breakfast. The edge of the city gets their power from a different direction than ours, so all the businesses were lit up. Our lights came back on about 10:45am.

I'll get back into my shop this afternoon to work on some trim for an antique secretary.

Saturday will be finishing up the trim for the secretary - photos to come.

Sunday will be our usual routine: I'll prepare brunch, then settle in for NASCAR at Darlington. I might even find time to toss a couple of ribeyes on the grill!!!

In amongst all of that, we'll keep up with the US Open tennis matches, too!

It's been a busy work week with some industry visitors, so looking forward to some rest and some manual labour around home. Along with the farm and property work, I hope to get the joists laid up for a mezzanine floor way up in the barn across the lumber racks. I got some great advice from Larry while we were in NH on ways to do that single handed.
After all that, maybe a movie with my wife.

Getting ready for the tail end of Hermine. Don't anticipate much, but you never know. Garden clean up and playing with my new PCP pellet gun.

Cooling down nicely. Tonight high school football. Tomorrow same ole' thing messing in the shop and keeping out of mama's hair.
Nice to not worry about weekends. They're the same as any other day. Just wished they didn't pop up so fast and often.
David

Three different County Fairs this weekend, including the local one where I have a couple entries, and the wife has four quilts entered.

Tuesday morning starts with getting my stitches out, then going to the fairgrounds to pick up out entries. After that, life goes on as 'normal.'

No major plans for the weekend. LOML is working every day of it, so we're staying local. In addition to taking care of chores around the house and yard work, I'll be doing another round of spraying for bugs, particularly scorpions. I got stung in the leg (twice) earlier this week, so it's time to escalate this war another notch or two.

I'm also planning to once again spend some time in the guitar world, learning new songs and dialing in the electronics. But I won't be playing any Scorpions music. :rolleyes:

VACATION:D heading to North Carolina to spend the 4 days at the Biltmore estate, will be staying at the inn on estate property, oh and celebrating 40 years of marriage while there with the misses:D

Tom congratulations to you and your beautiful wif. Biltmore is a great place to celebrate. Wonderful expression of the rich and famous.
Davidi