Guitar Side Bending Machine

Jason Beam

Taking a quick break from the Martin 00 project to build a bending machine very similar to the Fox Bender out there. Bending guitar sides is made much easier with a machine like this so I figured it'd be worth documenting my build. The only real outlay is on a heating blanket system - i got mine off Ebay. The only other thing is a press screw. I'm considering selling the base and forms at some point, if there's any interest. Ping me if you'd like to talk about it...

Thanks for watching!

This week, we focus on getting the center clamp mechanism working. After that, it's time to get started on the cauls. Things look like they're gonna work out pretty well. Finally, I'll close with a little safety reminder, because I was dumb. Make sure you hold your parts at all times. When adjusting stops, turn the machine off. The time savings isn't worth the risk! Be careful out there!

Thanks for watching!

This is the final episode - I finish off the spring pins and put everything together. Once I get the wiring worked done, everything seems to check out so it's time for a test. First in a bit of scrap cherry that worked out pretty well. One small lesson about tannins in the wood but overall the machine is a success. Came out great!

Thanks for watching!