The bug is home

Last night a couple of friends were over for dinner. I decided it was a Good time to give Shelly the bug. She didn't believe me when I said it was hers. She thought it was a customers. Then Jarrod came in and asked her how she liked her new bug. Lol She said that's not mine it belongs to a customer and Jarrod told her we were keeping it a secret, then she realized it was hers. This has been a fun secret.

Attachments

• 20160903_205233.jpg
    20160903_205233.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 69
Vaughn Darren, Ryan and Bob, thanks , Shelly is very excited. I rode with her around the area and unsurprisingly she remembered how to drive the stick. Unlike a new stick driver I will not be needing to change the clutch anytime soon.
LOL

Well done Dave nice vehicle refurb. Good thing about those cars is you can work on that engine almost blindfold. Nothing to them.

At age 17 i hauled one out of my friends beach buggy and we rebuilt it that was after he burnt it out on the beach. Put new pistons and rings in and then we were off for a tour to run her in.

Hope your missus enjoys it.

A great refurb. Myrna and I owned a couple bugs. This was right after they increased the horsepower from 25 to 36. We loved them and they always attracted a crowd at a gas station or wherever we happened to stop.

I hope (and it sounds like it already is) Shelly has as much enjoyment from her bug as we had from our bugs.

Enjoy,
JimB