Well i hope you all have had a great long weekend.
I have had a blast. Not woodworking but working on my kubota tractor.
I never really understood what folks got out of working on these things, but now i do.
Never wanted the repairs to turn this machine into a project but tell me how one over looks something you know you can leave in a better shape with a bit of elbow grease.
So i discovered another leak and boy this repairing the tractor sure has taught me a great deal. Especially about hydraulics. Overhauled the power steering cylinder and was lucky enough to find a place locally that sells the seals. So now no more leaks.
While i had the cylinder off and apart , i said aw heck rob it needs a paint job. But not like me to just spray over the old. So wire brushed it down to the steel , rattle can rustoleum primer then black enamel and i reckon most will think its new. Lol
But this started something and ..well one thing has led to the next.
Today i hauled out my desktop sandblasting cabinet and went to town on a piece i could not clean up with wire brush.
Must say i really had a "duh rob" moment. I hooked up my small sears vac and it sucked so hard that the one glove got sucked off. So i turned vac off thinking today had to be a Larry the Cable Guy day , and come hell or high water i was going to " just get er done".
Then something spoke to me when i was man handling it and i saw a inlet vent on the rear.
Now this really had me puzzled as to why the vacuum was not finding air.
Popped the cover off and what do you know underneath a cotton filter was a plastic bung type plug. Lol suffice to say once that was out i could see again while sandblasting.
Man i enjoyed myself bring able to just get on with a job for a change
Only thing is this "project" is now going to take that much longer.