Follow up on second chances for vendors

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
So among the other things of getting ready for both the house build and hopefully for some winter rain, I decided to put up a shade structure - canopy with conduit and galvanized fittings.

Found a SoCal vendor and ordered some fittings. That was fine. Made some changes to the design and ordered more fittings. Wanted to change the order or return some things if the order had already shipped, and then order even more fittings. Called them. No changes, no returns, had not yet shipped but was packed. So no dice to my wishes.

OK. More fish in the sea. Found vendor in Yuma. Same prices or nearly so. No sales tax. Same shipping options. And no repressive policies - so far.

Ain't the Internet grand? The first vendor will get a letter of discontent for all the good it will do. A pox on their house.

I realize it was my issue to keep changing the order, but that is my right as a consumer. And I was willing to return some things on my own dime as it was my issue. But if they only want one-two time customers who get a bad taste in their mouth doing business with them, that is one weird business model.

Rant over - at least until I write the letter of discontent and then Katy bar the door.

Care to share where you are ordering your fittings? I use a lot of EMT in the garden and have often wished for more fittings than are available in the local big box stores, particularly the kind for doing corners.

Yup, I'd do about the same... minus writing the letter probably :rofl: :rolleyes:

It is pretty nice to have a lot of purchasing options though, back in the old days it would've been the one guy on the corner who was either good or not (honestly our guy on the corner is pretty good so I'll go there even if it costs me a buck or two on try one because I know he'll save me three or four on try two).

Care to share where you are ordering your fittings? I use a lot of EMT in the garden and have often wished for more fittings than are available in the local big box stores, particularly the kind for doing corners.

Sure. I wound up with www.ysbw.com. Stay away from CanopiesAndTarps.com. Actually I had visited the Yuma store in person several years ago. Don't know why I did not remember than when I began this project.

Share your project pictures.