Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just another Friday , just when ever Friday comes...........

Outside the beltway

Just another Friday , just when ever Friday comes...........

Make it a good one.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Parker County, Texas
    Friday's are kinda special in their own little way. Some say it means a Monday is behind you and one is just ahead. I think of Friday's as really just another day. Either I am working or I am not. Today I will be doing some tractor work before the rains come again. I will only take a couple of hours but is badly needed. So off I go in a little while. The it will be tamale time!!! And, if the monsoon ain't to bad bad in the shop tomorrow. Yesterday was more therapy for the knees. Yep not just the left knee but both of them. Oh well. Guess I jumped out of too many planes and helicopters as a Marine. All catching up with me now. Oh, well. Just another one of those cards the Big Man in the Sky dealt.

Tokyo Japan
    It's Friday again.... what the...?
    I'll be working through the weekend on the third chair, got to get this done, I have more worked lined up and I'm taking on work for October and November, and I'm not complaining at all.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    "Restoring" a small table that got damaged while it was on display at the fair. Can't imagine how it could've happened, but the top got deeply gouged, and one of the legs got badly dinged on a corner. Top will likely have to be thinned down by about 3/32" to remove the damage, and I've already cut a new leg. I used dominoes to attach the skirt boards to the legs, but fortunately, used hide glue, so I've steamed them loose (still not a fun job).

After reassembly, I'll put 5~6 coats of Target 8000cv pre-cat conversion varnish on it (again). What a pain!

Adding insult to injury, the table only got second place at the fair. It was beaten out by one that used old canoe paddles for legs. (Wonder if they judged it before, or after, all the damage?)
    Jim D.

falcon heights, minnesota
    i'll be re-creating an informal golf trophy for one of my co-workers.
    benedictione omnes bene

Escondido, CA
    Off to disassemble a shed today. Tomorrow at the lab. Sunday the day job.

Still recovering from vacation. Took more out of me than I realized. Age may work for wine but it sure ain't for people! But I was glad I went. It was a blast!

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Yorktown, Virginia
    Building some raised beds for the garden. Man those 2 x 12's are heavy. Rumor has it that the local Fresh Market will be roasting chilies this weekend. I will recuperate with something made of fresh roasted chilies.

Nova Scotia, 45N 64W
    My sister in law is visiting, so I'm marinating some ginger maple salmon portions, to be served with some fresh local farm stand vegetables and potatoes. For dessert, something with wild blueberries I imagine
    More outside and shop jobs all weekend.
    Hoping we get a weather window to bring in 600 or so bales of second cut hay. Growth has been good after the drought broke, but it's still standing in the field. At this time of year you need a good three sunny, breezy days to dry it down enough. If the window closes, we'll be into flock reduction and some long distance hay hauling.

Kansas City, Missouri
    On vacation for a week, so lunch with my daughter, grandson and her new boyfriend today. We've got a wine festival that we've attended for the last 3 years this weekend. Going to be pretty lazy the rest of it.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    In process of installing underground cable to shed, and doing a little wiring in the shed.

Also will be spreading grass seed.

I need to move a firewood pile so my neighbor can install a fence.