Just another Friday , just when ever Friday comes...........

Friday's are kinda special in their own little way. Some say it means a Monday is behind you and one is just ahead. I think of Friday's as really just another day. Either I am working or I am not. Today I will be doing some tractor work before the rains come again. I will only take a couple of hours but is badly needed. So off I go in a little while. The it will be tamale time!!! And, if the monsoon ain't to bad bad in the shop tomorrow. Yesterday was more therapy for the knees. Yep not just the left knee but both of them. Oh well. Guess I jumped out of too many planes and helicopters as a Marine. All catching up with me now. Oh, well. Just another one of those cards the Big Man in the Sky dealt.

It's Friday again.... what the...?
I'll be working through the weekend on the third chair, got to get this done, I have more worked lined up and I'm taking on work for October and November, and I'm not complaining at all.

Cheers!

"Restoring" a small table that got damaged while it was on display at the fair. Can't imagine how it could've happened, but the top got deeply gouged, and one of the legs got badly dinged on a corner. Top will likely have to be thinned down by about 3/32" to remove the damage, and I've already cut a new leg. I used dominoes to attach the skirt boards to the legs, but fortunately, used hide glue, so I've steamed them loose (still not a fun job).

After reassembly, I'll put 5~6 coats of Target 8000cv pre-cat conversion varnish on it (again). What a pain!

Adding insult to injury, the table only got second place at the fair. It was beaten out by one that used old canoe paddles for legs. (Wonder if they judged it before, or after, all the damage?)

Off to disassemble a shed today. Tomorrow at the lab. Sunday the day job.

Still recovering from vacation. Took more out of me than I realized. Age may work for wine but it sure ain't for people! But I was glad I went. It was a blast!

Building some raised beds for the garden. Man those 2 x 12's are heavy. Rumor has it that the local Fresh Market will be roasting chilies this weekend. I will recuperate with something made of fresh roasted chilies.

My sister in law is visiting, so I'm marinating some ginger maple salmon portions, to be served with some fresh local farm stand vegetables and potatoes. For dessert, something with wild blueberries I imagine :)
More outside and shop jobs all weekend.
Hoping we get a weather window to bring in 600 or so bales of second cut hay. Growth has been good after the drought broke, but it's still standing in the field. At this time of year you need a good three sunny, breezy days to dry it down enough. If the window closes, we'll be into flock reduction and some long distance hay hauling.

On vacation for a week, so lunch with my daughter, grandson and her new boyfriend today. We've got a wine festival that we've attended for the last 3 years this weekend. Going to be pretty lazy the rest of it.

Busy weekend on the boards here. We're playing our monthly show at the Dragonhorn Tavern tonight. We play until midnight, but by the time we get everything packed up I'll be lucky to be home before 2:00 AM.

Normally getting home late wouldn't be a problem (I'm up that late pretty much every night anyway), but I need to get up bright and early Saturday morning to head out to the shooting range. Our practical shooting club is having its first ever competition. It'd going to be a pretty laid-back affair, but we've got some pretty cool prizes to split up among the 16 or so shooters who'll be participating (myself included). We'll see how well I shoot on 4 hours of sleep, lol. My band mate Mike is also going to be competing, so I won't be the only tired one there.

Sunday, LOML and I are headed to the State Fair, one of her favorite excursions every year. The NM State Fair pales in comparison to the LA County Fair that she grew up with, but she still enjoys it nonetheless. :thumb:

Friday? What's that??? I haven't been able to keep track of the day of the week in years. I know it's Friday when someone starts a thread here!!!

I'm working a couple of small-ish, honeydo-ish items in my shop. Got a few other small pieces in the pipeline, too.

Saturday will be more of the same until evening, then it'll be the NASCAR Richmond race.

Sunday, the usual - brunch, then some lazy time.

We had to put one of our cats down this morning. The kids called him "grumpy kitty" My grand daughter Abby is pretty bummed out.

Doing some yard work Saturday and some shop time fixing the chairs. I've taken the pictures now I just need to post them.
Sunday is Rally day at church. Choir and Sunday school starts again. We're having a pretty big shindig after the service including sack races, cookout, softball game, face painting and all the fun kids stuff. My wife Marilyn is the church school director and in charge of the rally day so she will be going nuts all day.

I need to buy some more cherry. I have another bed to make for a grandson.