My ultra slow move to Ohio.

Garry Foster

Well as I have said before we are in the process of moving to Ohio and actually closed on a house there in January. I decided to wait till spring and then start. I had no idea how tough this would be. We have taken about 7 pickup and trailer loads over and last week a 26 foot truck plus pickup. Tomorrow another pickup load. That should take us down to one more pick up and trailer load. In addition I have hauled 2-3 loads or partial loads to the scrap dealer and 1 load plus an old tr tri hull boat to the landfill.

I have sold
6 inch jointer
ceiling mounted air filter.
HF dust collector with Wynn environmental filter and Thien mod.
14 inch Grizzly bandsaw.
A boat trailer
Snowmobile trailer.
10x24 Jet metal lathe
Industrial 6 foot workbench
roll around tool box with a great top box
Drywall hoist
2-3 partial scrap loads including 2 1950's era outboards.. 40 and 60 HP

Still trying to sell my l little 8 inch wood lathe
Delta Contractors series 2000 table saw.
225 amp AC only tombstone welder
110 volt Century Mig

Maybe Oxy/Acetylene torch bottles and cart.

My new garage is full a and a 10x20 storage unit is full.

Not mad but if I could start this process over I would bring in an auctioneer in May/June sell everything but what the wife insisted on keeping and buying what I need as I need it...

I really thought I would hate to see my metal lathe leave but it was great watching it leave this afternoon.

I am really hoping I can get more like Dan and actually work on things rather than store and move tools around.

Garry

A move like that must be killer, I really do want to move out of Downtown Tokyo one day, but at the same time I dread it, getting all my tools etc back out of the Dungeon, well that will be quite the job LOL.

Good luck, sounds like you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Cheers!

Last edited:
A move like that must be killer, I really do want to move out to Downtown Tokyo one day, but at the same time I dread it, getting all my tools etc back out of the Dungeon, well that will be quite the job LOL.

Good luck, sounds like you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now.Cheers!

Did you mean... I really do want to move out of Downtown Tokyo one day.

Oh, I dread the thought of having to move. When I moved here it was an exercise in patience and muscle. Lots of muscle. Don't want to do that again. I know eventually I probably will have to but certainly not looking forward to that. That is probably the only thought that could give me nightmares.