Now I have seen it all

That's CRAZY...so what do they do with all that extra money, gone way pass what they were asking for and still have awhile before deadline ends. Not real sure I understand how that whole kickstart works...lol..wonder if I can get a "I need some new tools for workshop" kickstarter going then I can make them wood fidget cube

That's CRAZY...so what do they do with all that extra money, gone way pass what they were asking for and still have awhile before deadline ends. Not real sure I understand how that whole kickstart works...lol..wonder if I can get a "I need some new tools for workshop" kickstarter going then I can make them wood fidget cube

I am not sure if you forgot the someday at the end of that sentence.

Of course, beside the Ned slant, you could also have the Occulus Rift rant, where you become nothing more then the first round of funding, for them to make a barrel of money by a big literary object that looks human.

It's a thumb twiddler! :huh::thumb::thumb:

As seen on TV only $19.95 + shipping!! But, Wait, we're not through yet, order right now and we'll send you a second twiddler free, just pay separate shipping and handling (shipping and handling $21.95) :rofl::rofl:

First off, kudos to ingenuity. Capitalism at its finest. Their company has now expanded well beyond the $15K they were looking for. Investors will look for a return on that investment, even if it is their very own fidgit cube. They will have to make a lot of them! Go for it, boys. Bet you create some jobs for others along the way. Good on you.

Second, Kickstarter is not a money begging scheme regardless of how some people have abused it.

Third, let's not be so green with envy that someone took a simple idea and struck a chord with buyers. We just wish we were as creative and fortunate. Their work is cut out for them. Wonder if you all caught the remark about how they had been working on this and refining it for four years. Not exactly an oversight success. It just seems that way. I wish them the very best luck. Their lives are before them, as are their fortunes. Capitalism is not laying on the beach, munching junk food, and oggling others. These guys figured it out. Also a very well done video! Makes me wish I was 50 years younger with that kind of opportunity before me again.

haha... man that clicker bit... that would get you ostracized from our office.

Its kind of interesting because they took a lot of the little desk toy fidget items and put them into one.

I've actually seen a couple people in my circles talking about this in the "hey you should get so and so this" or "you're a fidgiter, this looks like something you'd like" so I think even more than the product placement they've nailed the viral marketing side.

Well they have to use the money to provide the product, based on the price points they're probably doing a lot better now than they would have at the target goal margin wise but that's the one thing a lot of kickstarter's fall down on is figuring out what the actual manufacturing and delivery costs will be.

See them guys are making some thing to enable fidgeting, my idea will be a cure for it, my wooden cubes will be un-sanded, after you fiddle with it for awhile and get lots of spliters, you'll stop fidgeting...lol...wonder how much I can get on kickstarter for my idea, first aid kit sold separately....lol...why does this remind me so much of the pet rock deal years ago

See them guys are making some thing to enable fidgeting, my idea will be a cure for it, my wooden cubes will be un-sanded, after you fiddle with it for awhile and get lots of spliters, you'll stop fidgeting...lol...wonder how much I can get on kickstarter for my idea, first aid kit sold separately....lol...why does this remind me so much of the pet rock deal years ago

Kind of like my dad's theory on how to fix chapped lips. Just smear cow poo on them, keeps you from licking them all the time.

The pet rock guy did alright for himself starting out from a small pile of rocks though!

It's not really a question of how much he is charging or what it costs to make. It's a question of the 'value' the purchaser puts on the item. If the person who want's it puts a value on it that is above what it costs the guy to make, that's great.It's actually a pretty darn clever little gizmo and I could see a lot of people finding it interesting enough to buy.