Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday, whats up for the weekend ??

Amherst, New Hampshire

It's Friday, whats up for the weekend ??

I've been trying to pass a 5.8mm kidney stone since last Sunday morning
    Lots of fluids but no pain pills. They totally mess me up.

Just been hanging around the house watching TV or reading. I'll try to get the lawn cut later today. Maybe all the bouncing around on the tractor will get the thing moving
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Parker County, Texas
    Ouch, Bob! I'm taking the day off today and basically goofing off. Seems like a good thing to do. This weekend will be more turning of hackberry bowls. And other sundry items as well. But mainly hackberry. A lot of what I am turning will not go online but to the fair inventory for November. As usual way behind on that. Oh, well.

Yorktown, Virginia
    Will be spending time learning about the process of transition and re-purposing of Virginia's historic Fort Monroe from military base to a variety of new uses. Part of continuing education needed to maintain my state license as a Landscape Architect.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftmonroe.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	97229

Bob, you have my sympathy. I know how painful those are. I needed pills for pain and to stop the vomiting. Hope it passes soon.

Escondido, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    I've been trying to pass a 5.8mm kidney stone since last Sunday morning
    Lots of fluids but no pain pills.
    Ouch! BTDT. Hope it passes soon.

Today I meet with the civil engineer to map out the next steps on the house build. This evening I am going to a play with friends at the local community theatre. They are so fun! Tomorrow I will work on moving stuff around here so I can get the new shed up before the end of next week. Sunday its back to work for me. Monday an interview with a loan broker to secure enough financing for the house. Finding financing on my own has been an uphill process. I don't want to borrow a million dollars and that's all those folks want to talk about! Minimum they will discuss is $250K.. Yikes!

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

East Freeetown, Massachusetts

We are going to Fairfield Conn to visit my son and family on Saturday.

Sunday I will be working in the yard, moving bushes, planting flowers, fruit trees and shrubbery, and working on lawn.

Independence, Kentucky
    Grandsons Little league game this evening, sister in law and her husband visiting tomorrow. I will spend the afternoon today in the shop working on a desk for my granddaughter, other than that nothing much going on here.
    I'm supposed to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now.

Thomasville, GA
    I started my day with a doctor appointment - primary care followup. Pushed him about some nerve conductivity tests to see if we can get to the bottom of nerve pain in my feet that gets really bad at times. Getting older ain't no fun but it still beats the alternative.

I'm starting the final finish process on some decorative parts for a 100-year-old secretary my wife inherited. I'm using rattle-can lacquer - couple coats of clear gloss and a final of clear satin.

Saturday, I hope to carve some CNC pieces and do a bit of shop cleaning.

Sunday will be our usual routine of brunch, chill and NASCAR.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

falcon heights, minnesota
    working on finishing up the picture frames. hitting the bed with gel stain. working on the golf trophy, bedroom mirror, and a few other things as well.
    benedictione omnes bene

Kansas City, Missouri
    Watching the grandson this weekend, probably a bit of rest, and then yard work. Probably will continue on my photo scanning project, though that one will probably be a year long project.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Growing old ain't for sissies. If it's not one ailment it's another. Just had echo on the heart and found something wrong not sure what. Nurse told me no treatment to help. See doctor in few weeks to discuss prognosis and what ever. Feel fine just not as spry as I used to be. Hate to hear the aches and pains of others. Makes me feel here it comes on my body.
    Finish up placing router table on left side of table saw. I need the room so out the router table goes. Make room for something else. Would like a drum sander. Maybe this fall or winter. Can always make room for the next "essential" piece of equipment.
    Right now enjoying a nice spring shower. Really came down for awhile. Things were getting dry.
    Everyone have a safe and happy weekend.