Putting Jack down

Jarrods decided it's time. It all came about with in 2 weeks. The cancer is in his blood. Jacks been one of the greats. Raised in the shop for 8.5 years. Never a problem and always a greeter. Customers love Jack also. Jack is Jarrods dog but he's as much mine and the guys in the shop.
So Monday morning Jarrods taking off for the day. I don't tear up often but I can't help it now. He will be missed.

Sorry to hear that Dave. We've been contemplating that same decision lately. Ours is close to 19 years old (Rat Terrier) and has lost most of her hearing and eyesight, lately she's starting to show trouble getting up and down the stairs, even fallen down them a few times. Just when I think we've decided it's time, she must hear us talking as she'll start running and doing figure 8's out in the yard wanting to play. :dunno:

I don't know how many animals I have buried out back behind the pond. And as hard as it is to take that last walk with them, I will continue having animals as friends. Sorry all, the good ones never seem to last long enough.

I believe it has been attributed to Bill Murray, "I’m suspicious of people who don’t like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn’t like a person."

I think this is why we form such strong bonds with them.

A good friend had a rescue mutt that must have been horribly abused before my buddy got him. That poor dog was really and truly afraid of his own shadow. The only person he would tolerate touching him was my buddy. I have scars from being too close to that dog, so do his kids and his wife, as well as my buddy. Understand the dog was not mean, he was just scared. You could not touch this dog, if you wanted to give him a piece of meat or something, you had to drop it on the floor, he would NOT take it from your hand.

It was 10+ years of this and finally the poor old guy could not get up off his bed, it was time, even though this was one of the worst pets that I had ever come across, in terms of interaction with the people who cared for him, we all shed a tear the day the poor old guy was put down.

I can only imagine David how hard this is for you when you have such a lovely wonderful loving pet like Jack, and you have to put him down. I'm sure you appreciate the time you had with Jack, I'm also sure that Jack was lucky to have all of you guys.

Stu

So sorry Dave. Making that decision is a rough one. One of the hardest I ever made. So many of us here have had to go though a similar situation. Very sad. Must be hard for you. I know I miss Lokai every day and it's been over two years since we made the final trip to the vet.

There really are no words to make you feel better. I know. Been through it more than once and it is never easy. But that decision is one that we have to make unfortunately. I'm not even going to get into how you will get over it, because to an extent you never do. My condolences and sympathy to you and Jarrod.

Jack passed away at home today. 1st day Jarrod ever left him at home. He was riddled with a fast spreading blood cancer. He was in no pain.

This is a hard one to swallow when he was such a great family member. He will be missed.