quick frame project for friends

Dan Noren

Staff member
last sunday, some friends of ours from church asked if i could make a couple of frames for them. not your normal sized frames mind you, a bit on the large size, but not all encompassing. after agreeing to what needed to be done with them (he would be fitting them out with plexiglass, the item, and the backer, along with the finishing. i would handle the construction, cutting of the rabbets, and rounding over the edges just a touch), they sent me the dimensions of the items, and i went from there. today i ripped and cut the stock, ran it through the planer to pretty them up, and glued up the frames. tomorrow will be the routing of the rabbets and round overs, and sanding to 150. after that, they are all theirs.

Attachments

• 001 parts cut to length ripped to width.JPG
    001 parts cut to length ripped to width.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 18
  • 002 parts planed.JPG
    002 parts planed.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 003 first one glued up.JPG
    003 first one glued up.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 004 second one glued up.JPG
    004 second one glued up.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 20
routed the rabbets, and the round overs. sanded them a good one. they were quite happy with them, and so was my wife :blah:, as she was cut in for half of the proceeds.

Attachments

• 005 rabbets routed and edges rounded over.JPG
    005 rabbets routed and edges rounded over.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 006 sanded and ready for delivery.JPG
    006 sanded and ready for delivery.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 10
that's pop's lawn mower dave. he usually hits the lawn twice a week or so, and cusses out the squirrels soundly for digging up his yard. couple of years ago, they turned the back yard into a 2000 hole golf course. :rofl: