Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Today I unpacked this:
bigbox.jpg

Inside was this:
2littlerboxes.jpg

And then we have this:
spindle AND INVERTER.jpg

A water cooled spindle with inverter form China. Thanks, Leo.

But there are a few complications. A little one:

Wire clamp.jpg

The two screws for the wire clamp are missing. Leo, any idea what size they should be?

A bigger problem: All the written material is in CHINESE! Not one English word. Wonder if there is an English translation somewhere. Need to know wiring and other specifics.

No pump, so I will have to acquire that. But we are a ways off from putting this bad boy to work.

The screws are a itsy bitsy teeny tiny problem.

I will take one of mine to work Monday and get you the information. Send me your address in a PM, and I will mail a few for you.

I love my spindle and that is the same exact spindle I have.

The pump is nothing special, just a fountain pump. I know you are going to build a sealed tank. I would go 10 to 15 gallons. The small tank I have is not OK for an all day job, and all day jobs are certainly inside the scope of reality. I do plan to make a new coolant tank some time in the future. I also plan to filter the coolant. It's also a very good idea to have a visible flow meter to keep an eye on flow.

Ask Annie for an English translation. She will do that.

Glad to see that this finally all came together. Like I said, dealing with China is not like dealing with a US merchant, but the end result is positive. Like they say, "at the end of the day, we are all satisfied".

I have sent an email off to Annie asking for English translations. Thanks for the help with the screws. PM to follow.

I have found a flow meter and roughly designed the cooling system. Thinking about a radiator/fan system as space for ten gallons of coolant is going to be a problem. Not to mention the weight in my portable table. My brother cobbled together a radiator/fan system for his homemade hot water heating system. I'll drop him an email.