One wonderful wedding!

Roger Tulk

I had the great joy of seeing the last of my children get married last Saturday, Oct. 1. She's a very thoughtful girl, and had her wedding on our anniversary, so we can never forget hers. ;) She was married at a lovely Episcopal church in Warsaw, Indiana, where she and her husband live. It was an amazing week, from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner to the brunch the morning after the ceremony. The attendance was about 180, and was held in a tent in the park in front of Jenn and Pat's house. We had people from Scotland, England Ireland, Mexico, Canada, New Zealand and the US. The priest pointed out in her homily that 85% of the people who attended the wedding needed passports to get there.

I didn't take any pictures, as I was busy being the father of the bride, but I'll borrow some and post them soon.

Congratulations Roger to you and your daughter and new son-in-law.

I got to be father of the bride when my step-daughter from my first marriage got married in '92... I was especially honored because she wanted me to be there, but not her biological father.... she's still my little girl even though she just turned 51 in July...she was 6 when her mother and I married and up until the wedding she would slap my hand away and say "You're not my father"... then on the wedding day as we went back into the church for pictures, she grabbed my hand and said "Now I can call you Daddy."....I've been in love with her ever since......
Her first marriage didn't take, but she's married to a lovely lady now and I'm blessed with another daughter.