Akron, Ohio?

Hi Jim,

Fancy meeting up in Hartville on the 18th or 19th of November? I'm going to be doing some SketchUp seminars then.

Yeah, quite possibly. I go over to Hartville fairly often. Is this part of their "Fall Extravaganza?" I always enjoy going to that - lotsa nice demos, and usually some reasonably good buys.

I'm not sure what they call it. I thought it was a tool expo but I can't find anything on their website.

It would be cool if you can make it over.

I'm not sure what they call it. I thought it was a tool expo but I can't find anything on their website. It would be cool if you can make it over.

Yeah, they call the tool part an Expo. Actually, the whole store - housewares, lumber, yard & garden (Deere, Stihl, etc) will be having sales or demos, too.

They usually don't publish the flyer until around the first of November.

The place is usually a real zoo during those days - they get really crowded, and it's hectic, what with all the demos, etc. going on at once.

Wife & I will probably see you there. Maybe lunch, or something?

Last edited:
Jim and Larry, I'm sorry it didn't work out to meet you fellas while I was at Hartville Hardware. Maybe there'll be another chance.

If there were any other FWW members there, I wish you'd introduced yourselves.

If you've never been to Hartville Hardware, you should go sometime. Huge place while tons of woodworking tools and accessories on display.

I did four SketchUp sessions and all were well attended. And everyone clapped when I was finished. Or because I was finished. :D

Ernie Conover was there showing handcutting of dovetails He's a pretty nice fellow, too. Quite laid back.

Yeah, I'm really sorry we couldn't hook up. I'd been looking forward to it.

I'm glad your presentations were well attended. They'll have another of these things sometime in the Spring, so maybe they'll invite you back then.

And... you came all the way from Minnesota to see Ohio's first snow. There's a couple inches on the ground right now. Weather guesser says it'll melt off by Tuesday, though.

Jim, I got to see a bit of snow in Hartville though very little. I stayed at the hotel at the Cleveland airport Saturday night so I didn't have to worry about driving up from Akron early on Sunday morning. I'm glad I did but with the wind howling as it was, I didn't get much sleep.

Larry, thanks for the compliments! Understood on your weekend schedule.

Jim, I got to see a bit of snow in Hartville though very little. I stayed at the hotel at the Cleveland airport Saturday night so I didn't have to worry about driving up from Akron early on Sunday morning. I'm glad I did but with the wind howling as it was, I didn't get much sleep...

It wasn't all that much of a snow storm - maybe 2½ ~ 3" - but it was the first one of the year. Most of it was overnight Saturday, so you were wise to stay in Cleveland instead of travelling first thing in the morning. Like everywhere else, Ohio drivers forget how to drive in snow from one year to the next. We actually had a 30+ car pile-up on the interstate Sunday morning. Messy!

Glad you had a successful trip & show/class.