Acouple of new toys for the shop

steve morris

Simple Simon bandsaw, all aluminum, complete and in good shape
i'll tear it down, new bearings, tyres etc etc

DSC00668.jpg

and this really nice old motor. i just redid it, it wouldnt start reliably and had a bad rumble when it did
complete tear down, removed what seemed like 3 lbs of sawdust and grease, repacked the open ball bearings, prettied it up a bit

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

as the tags says, its 1hp, repulse induction start. tags says 16 amps on 120 volt!! guess i'll use it on 240

dont know where its going yet

hey mack, been a while!!

not too many beavers left, rebuilt all that they made except the big rare cabinet saw

so now onto bigger stuff, still got the beaver drill press, jointer, scrollsaw, sander

You have the magic touch. Very nice re-build on the motor and can't wait to see what you do to the bandsaw.:thumb:

thanks, my last little touch will be brass acorn nuts for the long bolts. i do that on most motor rebuilds. the brass screws for the info plate are also a common thing for me.

i also always paint them two colours, not necessarily black and gray though. that way i know i had the motor apart!

the bandsaw wont look much different, its all unfinished aluminum. the door panels are thick stamped aluminum, the rest is cast. a few brass bits will get shined up, clean the rust of the steel bits

it was made by:
Wilson Brass & Aluminum Foundries, Ltd.
Toronto, ON, Canada

http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=1341