today is Friday

Yeah, it's been one of those weeks. I've been thinking of things to do all week this weekend, but realized we have the grandson, so all those are now on the back burner. ;)

If anything, I'm continuing on the shelf builds for the garage, need to get the car parked back in there before it gets too cold.

Nursing the post-surgical dog this weekend. Poor baby. She is so subdued, I can hardly believe it. A couple of wood-related projects scheduled. We'll see how that goes. Just a simple shelf or two for the MH. Also plan to start moving things into the latest shed. Have some floor shims to replace there first. Then the usual day job on Sunday.

Should be decent weather - 60s~low 70s. I'll be spreading the 5 yards of mulch and the couple tons of river rock around the garden areas. Got extra shovels and forks if anyone wants to come help. :D

Had the week off. Spent 3 days in the Berkshires.

Stacked and stickered the Oak I got from cutting trees in the spring. Made a cover to get it out of the weather. Pics later.

Did some yard work, more to be done. Did some MAJOR landscaping this year. Pics later

I finished the lighting and electrical in the shed. I still need to finish the trim, make shutters and a sliding barn door and paint it.

busy busy busy - like a bee

Getting everything organized and packed up today for a road trip gig Saturday in Angel Fire, NM. It'll be a 6-hour round trip to play a 90 minute set. At least the drive up and back is a nice scenic one. We had a rehearsal last night to see which songs Mike would be able to play with a cast on his hand. (He's the guy who was hit on his motorcycle a few weeks ago.) He's doing great, and we only have to work around a few songs. :thumb:

Sunday will be primarily spent resting up from a long, busy day on Saturday. ;)

I've mainly been resting the old bones today. Between getting on my shop floor to prep the area I'll install drawers and having to crawl up and down on the ground to replace a broken belt on my ZTR mower, I'm not sure what aches more! I don't have any problem down for a task but getting back up is a real chore!!!

I should be able to catch up on my shop drawer project Saturday. All the parts are cut, so I'll be able to glue up a bunch of them. There will be 11 in all. The worst part is having to get on the floor to install the slides! (see part A of this post!)

Sunday will be our usual. I'll prepare brunch, then chill out and get ready for NASCAR. I have some baby back ribs in the fridge and will toss them in my smoker for dinner.

Nursing the post-surgical dog this weekend. Poor baby. She is so subdued, I can hardly believe it. A couple of wood-related projects scheduled. We'll see how that goes. Just a simple shelf or two for the MH. Also plan to start moving things into the latest shed. Have some floor shims to replace there first. Then the usual day job on Sunday.

Carol you know we just lost Jack and now Jarrod just paid $700 to have Johnny checked out. Both knees have torn acl's and hips keep popping out of place. there talking around 13 K after all is said and done. Johnny is 2 and He will most likely be putting him down or pumping him with pain killers.

This whole week has just blown right by me. Guess I'm glad it's almost over. One of my re-seller's brother was supposed to stop in today and things got all messed up with him so he's coming by tomorrow. He's mainly picking up that large hackberry bowl order and said he thought he would see what else there was to see. Never know. Might buy more stuff. Even though he is coming, it will be mainly lathe time tomorrow as well as cutting down some more pecan logs. Who knows what Sunday will bring?

Nice fall weather in the forecast, so focusing on the outdoor jobs and making things weather proof. Might take a run into Princess Auto for some casters for Firewood Cart 2.0. Not fine woodworking but should be a work/back saver. Pics to follow if that comes together.

Well i join Dan and Darren in being happy the week is over.
My list of to do is pages long.
But i will do what i want and desire and that is finish up my lathe bench which i took apart since my last move and with newly acquired welding skills managed to weld back together again. Boy was i happy with being able to do that.
Now i plan on welding some plates on bottom for casters then get the wood back on it and lathe mounted and working.
Got travel trailer to winterise and protect from mice.
Then make a top for welding table.
Will see how far i get......enjoy the weekend ya all