It's Friday - 10/21/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF!!! My wife has plans with friends tonight. I'll probably go home and either relax or continue working on shelves for the garage. I'm starting to get some room to move around out there, so may move her workbench and try to get the slop sink installed out there this weekend. I need to get some cabinets painted for the laundry room too. Sunday I'm planning to brew some barley pop.

Funny how this day rolls around every week, ain't it? OK. Never mind. Today will as well as the weekend turning more items for the fall fair. Actually woke up this morning to what I think is the first of the fall weather. It's almost 9am and it's 52 out there. Nice.

Heading out tomorrow morning with a small u-haul to pick up some cabinets for the shop - plain melamines I found on craig's list. Just happens to be pretty close to a perfect fit for my needs and way cheaper than it would cost to build them. Then a stop in Paw Paw to pick up a 30 gal plastic food drum for the dust collection system. I think I will reserve Sunday to swap out the electrical panel.

Making around 75 gallons of apple cider tomorrow with my son, daughter in law, his inlaws and my misses, Sunday having family over for grilled turkey:) hopefully start a plane till project to help organize the shop:)

Working on house plans. Need another ruling form the county with regard to the plot plan before I can finish them. Moving stuff into the new used shed and sorting out boxes and boxes of 'stuff.' Sunday is the day job and Monday through Thursday I will be out of town for the day job. So somewhere today or tomorrow I need to do laundry. Life has a way of interrupting.

Proposed floor plan:

house footprint.jpg

The weird outer shape is the building envelope. The house footprint reflects required setbacks for cuts and the septic system. Lots of corners but workable - I hope.

Need to finish up my mortising jig today. Thinking I might be able to cut the mortises on my table legs if I have the right bits, otherwise I'll have to wait till some bits I ordered are delivered.

And a long long never ending list of other things that need to get done.

LOML is out of town for the weekend, so the dog and I are on our own. He wants cigars, dancin' girls, and whiskey, but I'm not sure how he plans to pay for all that. Me, I'm thinking more along the lines of yardwork, guitar stuff, and kicking back and relaxing. ;)

We start a week's "stay-cation". Meaning we get to pick and choose which work meetings we attend and know that our Out of Office will make people quit harassing us (sigh). But seriously, looking forward to shoring things up for fall, heading into winter in a few months. Stacking firewood, tree trimming, garden cleanup etc. And more importantly, my dining room table might get completed...it's getting close :thumb:

Today, I'm completing the installation of 11 drawers I made for my shop. They're going in a location that has been open under-bench stuff catcher area since I built my shop nine years ago. I'll post it as a project in a couple of days.

Saturday will be a bit of shop time starting to put stuff in the drawers. Then, I'll chill out for a while before helping LOML prepare shrimp creole for dinner and guests.

Sunday will be like most: I'll prepare brunch and put a small beef roast in the crock pot to get happy for dinner. Then, chill out and wait for the Talladega race to start!

used to be a big NAPAR fan but got fed up with the new rules for the "chase" haven't watched a race in over a year. Don't really miss it.

I actually like the new chase format. The elimination races add a lot of excitement. Like a series of mini championships all packed in to the end of the season, or as they call it, the playoffs.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Since the wife's away, this weekend will be GarlicFest 2016 at my house. I generally avoid eating garlic when I'm around her (she doesn't share my love for garlic), but this weekend I can stink up the house with no penalties. :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Since the wife's away, this weekend will be GarlicFest 2016 at my house. I generally avoid eating garlic when I'm around her (she doesn't share my love for garlic), but this weekend I can stink up the house with no penalties. :D

LOL, I do a FOFF (Festival Of Fried Foods) when Sharon travels.