So, as part of my quest to finish my never ending table project, I've been working on a way to do the mortises in the legs. I've tried a couple of different methods to cut the mortises and have not been happy with the results.
So, Time to try another method!
I've got a copy of Carol Reeds router book and it has a really nice looking little jig, so I put one together.
But my mortises are of a little odd size, so that one pass with a router bit would not get it done. So I also put together an adjustable router template.
I figure I'll use a router collar with the template to get the mortise cut halfway through, then use a bottome bearing pattern bit to get it from the other side. Then I'll clean up the corners with a chisel. That's the plan anyway.
So here are the pictures.