Grizzly Tormek clone on sale $109.95

I've got an older version of that same model. It's compatible with most of the tormek accessories.

The wheel I got with mine seemed to have a hole that was drilled at an angle, but I trued it up with the tormek wheel grader. It works. I don't really use it much though, because it's really slow. I did rig up a holder for my high speed grinder that I can use all the same accessories on. That makes regrinding fast, and then I can use the grizz for final sharpening.

Not seeing that price. (must have been a one day sale)
I told my dad about it a while back, and recommended it to him (didn't figure it would get as much use). He bought the Tormek accessories for it and I gave him an old chipped stone I received with my Tormek. It is a good motor, and for that price, I would be interested to try it with either a CBN wheel, or use its wheel for rough shaping things like turning tools, before sharpening on one of my two Tormek's. I don't know about its stone, because he started with the old SG stone.
My father still bought a Tormek, when we found a used one from Steve Botteroff. His idea is to not have to grade the wheels, but keep one at 220 and one at 1000.

Yeah, must have been a one day sale, it's still on sale at $139.95 today.

After doing some youtube reviews, it looks to be a little more cheaply built, using bronze bushings instead of ball bearings on the shaft. One showed the breakdown and the shaft itself wasn't polished where it rides in the bushings from the factory, it was suggested to take it apart and smooth those areas out at a minimum to prolong the life of the bearings. I'm sure the rpm's don't get up too high on these, so probably still has a good life if maintained.

Aren't those made by Sheppach? I would have thought they would be of reasonable quality....but I've never been near one. I did make a stand for my dry grinder to use the Tormek tool rod, (thanks to Brent for the idea) and it really works well. I have the Tormek (the original, bought used) and they are slow; but I'll say this: the edge you can get with them is very nice. My next sharpening purchase will be (probably) CBN wheels for that dry grinder.

Not that I am aware of on being made by. The one I am remembering that was made by Sheppach, was the HF one that wasn't out long.
I agree that it is more cheaply built then either my 2000 or T-7, but after the initial sharpening how long does one need to run one? I do one more because of a friends restaurant/knives.

Decided after some pondering to buy one and got it in late this afternoon. I haven't played with all the goodies that came with it but I did put the grinding wheel on it and water in the pan and gave it a go on putting some finer edges on a couple of bowl gouges. I have to say it did it well. Quiet as well. Nice and quiet. I think this machine and I are gonna get along just fine. I does run really slow but for putting finer edges on gouges and so on that is fine with me. I run kinda slow myself nowadays. Anyway the price was up more when I bought it. It's at $164.95 now but I think it is still worth it. No need to worry about it traveling around on your bench top because it is slow and weighs about 40 pounds. Decent buy as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
I have a $25 OFF Grizzly Shipping Coupon. It is good until the end of the year. If anyone needs it to purchase this or any other item then let me know. I don't need the coupon.

First one to reply to this post or first one to PM me gets it.