Scott Quinn

Good morning all,
I am new here and hoping to learn more about woodworking. I have recently started working at a custom cabinet shop and love the ideas I am learning there. I enjoy working with wood and have built my wife a couple of pieces of furniture and would like to expand on the types of joints used. This thing called pinterest and restoration hardware gets me in a lot of trouble as my wife frequents both and always has ideas.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Scott

Welcome, Scott. If you have been browsing before joining, you know we love pictures and to know where in the world you are. I notice you already took care of one. Now we await pictures. Lots of help here and all of it offered freely and lots of opinion, good humor, and encouragement.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Here are some pictures of cabinets we have done in the past, this was one job. It was an old pole barn converted to house. We have about 5 houses now that we are doing cabinets for currently. LOTS of fun stuff I don't quite understand yet, but that is how we learn. Still trying to learn this attaching image thing, so bare with me.

IMG_1557.jpgIMG_1620.jpgIMG_1691.jpgIMG_1729.jpgIMG_1866.jpgIMG_1867.jpgIMG_1949.jpgIMG_1996.jpgIMG_2016.jpg

Last edited:
Scott welcome to the wooden side. Great bunch of people always ready to give advice and help. You can't do better then this site.
David

Yes pictures are a necessity.

Ted,
Thanks for the encouraging words. There is a metal insert that goes inside of the wood. We get the outer specs of the metal casing and build from those.