Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whasup' this weekend?

Whasup' this weekend?

Whasup' and your bench shots here. Mine will come latter.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

The bench continues (future post).

Attachment 8518

New DP table going on (future gloat).

Got a free load of timber from LOML's mom's patio cover project that I'll have to find a place for.

Finally got someone to make some decisions about some kitchen pullouts that just may get started before Monday.

Finished the Mother's Day project, tomorrow, Sunday, we are out to the beach to goof off, and then to Costco to shop, and after that, take Mama out for dinner.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Between work (all day Saturday ), cutting the grass, and Mother's Day festivities for my wife, mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother on Sunday, probably not going to get to the shop.

Oh and I forgot Sabres Play Off Game tonight!
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe

Just finished a video call with Stu...unfortunately, just video. Will spend some time today trying to figure out "Live IM"... No shop time....no shop here in Japan.

Well Jeff,
    Today was quite the fun day! Grizzz called me this morning, and after a bit of preparation my youngest son Patrick and I loaded into the truck and trundled on up to Fulton. First on the to do list (after gathering supplies at wally world) was to put a new rear tire and hand grips on Patrick's 'new' bike. Grizzz took the lead and had Patrick out riding in short order.

Once that was accomplished Grizzz and I threw together two shelves to hold storage bins in my storage unit (just until the new shop is built, then they're going up in the loft to hold the bins there.) I have a few oversized shipping pallets which I brought home from work last summer, and while weathered, the 2x4's worked just fine for today's project. We had enough wood for two 72" long 27 1/2" tall by 24" deep shelves. I still need to get a couple of pieces of plywood for the tops, but they should hold the bins without it in a pinch. We put Grizzz's Kreg Jig to good use. Lookie there, sawdust on a bench!

winding up with these:

-Ned

What was on my bench you can see here I actually got the 151 sharpened already.
    http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ead.php?t=3776

What wouldn't fit on my bench was this it has a 300 C.I. 6 cylinder, I had to pull the radiater out & pull the timing cover off & re-seal it & put things back together. The truck doesn't look real good but runs great I just wish it was a later model straight 6 cylinder fuel injected model. I also had the king pins replaces & the fron end aligned it now drives like a new truck. This is my #2 truck to haul big stuff & tow a trailer. The S10 is my daily driver for the little I drive. Working & living in the same place has its good points & it draw backs.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 05-13-2007 at 05:09 AM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

All sorts of weekend stuff to do...

1. Roughed out a spalted box elder hollow form and got it soaking in DNA.

2. Trimmed some thorny plum hedges. (The CoC prevents me from saying what I really call them.) Filled a couple curb-side trash bins with the clippings.

3. Finished turned a punky spalted flame maple bowl and got the first coat of finish on it.

4. Emptied and cleaned the fake rock waterfall in the back yard.

5. Spent too many hours trying to revive a non-op laptop that I need for a trade show in about a week.

6. Slapped together a long crosscut sled out of a 2' x 4' piece of oak plywood and two 4' UHMD plastic runners. My other sled can only handle pieces about 20" wide...the new one will fit about 40". I made the fence to be slightly adjustable, and it was dead on after the first attempt. It was built to help with a large cutting board that was ordered, so I slapped it together quick and dirty for now, and after I'm done with the cutting board, I'll go back and dress up the slad a bit (sand off the pencil marks, put a radius on the corners, slap on a coat or two of poly, and so on).

7. Currently trying to get $@&$# Adobe Acrobat to properly build a trio of Spanish User's Manuals I'm working on. (As I type this post, in fact.)

Tomorrow (Sunday) I plan to run the cutting board glue-up through the planer, then cut it up and glue it together again. I've also got some more red eucalyptus logs that could stand to be cut into turning blanks. That, and more yard chores, house chores, and hopefully some turning.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dunlap View Post
    ...so I'm up at 2:30 a.m. posting instead of sleeping...
    Sleep is so overrated.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Sleep is so overrated.
    Gee Vaughn, I was just wondering why you were up at this hour too! The LOML has to work at 5:30 this am, so guess who has the alarm clock on his side of the bed?
    Luckily I can roll back over in a bit and try and get some more sleep.
    -Ned