Whasup' this weekend?

The bench continues (future post).

7 Vise shot.jpg

New DP table going on (future gloat).

Got a free load of timber from LOML's mom's patio cover project that I'll have to find a place for.

Finally got someone to make some decisions about some kitchen pullouts that just may get started before Monday.

Finished the Mother's Day project, tomorrow, Sunday, we are out to the beach to goof off, and then to Costco to shop, and after that, take Mama out for dinner.

Cheers!

Between work (all day Saturday :( ), cutting the grass, and Mother's Day festivities for my wife, mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother on Sunday, probably not going to get to the shop.

Oh and I forgot Sabres Play Off Game tonight!

Attachments

• sabres.JPG
    sabres.JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 4
Just finished a video call with Stu...unfortunately, just video. Will spend some time today trying to figure out "Live IM"... No shop time....no shop here in Japan.

Well Jeff,
Today was quite the fun day! Grizzz called me this morning, and after a bit of preparation my youngest son Patrick and I loaded into the truck and trundled on up to Fulton. First on the to do list (after gathering supplies at wally world) was to put a new rear tire and hand grips on Patrick's 'new' bike. Grizzz took the lead and had Patrick out riding in short order.
P5120006.jpg

Once that was accomplished Grizzz and I threw together two shelves to hold storage bins in my storage unit (just until the new shop is built, then they're going up in the loft to hold the bins there.) I have a few oversized shipping pallets which I brought home from work last summer, and while weathered, the 2x4's worked just fine for today's project. We had enough wood for two 72" long 27 1/2" tall by 24" deep shelves. I still need to get a couple of pieces of plywood for the tops, but they should hold the bins without it in a pinch. We put Grizzz's Kreg Jig to good use. Lookie there, sawdust on a bench! :eek:

P5120005.jpg

winding up with these:
P5120004.jpg

P5120002.jpg

P5120001.jpg

What was on my bench you can see here I actually got the 151 sharpened already.
http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3776

What wouldn't fit on my bench was this it has a 300 C.I. 6 cylinder, I had to pull the radiater out & pull the timing cover off & re-seal it & put things back together. The truck doesn't look real good but runs great I just wish it was a later model straight 6 cylinder fuel injected model. I also had the king pins replaces & the fron end aligned it now drives like a new truck. This is my #2 truck to haul big stuff & tow a trailer. The S10 is my daily driver for the little I drive. Working & living in the same place has its good points & it draw backs.

Attachments

• My Getter.jpg
    My Getter.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 16
  • A1 mytruck S10.jpg
    A1 mytruck S10.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
All sorts of weekend stuff to do...

1. Roughed out a spalted box elder hollow form and got it soaking in DNA.

2. Trimmed some thorny plum hedges. (The CoC prevents me from saying what I really call them.) Filled a couple curb-side trash bins with the clippings.

3. Finished turned a punky spalted flame maple bowl and got the first coat of finish on it.

4. Emptied and cleaned the fake rock waterfall in the back yard.

5. Spent too many hours trying to revive a non-op laptop that I need for a trade show in about a week.

6. Slapped together a long crosscut sled out of a 2' x 4' piece of oak plywood and two 4' UHMD plastic runners. My other sled can only handle pieces about 20" wide...the new one will fit about 40". I made the fence to be slightly adjustable, and it was dead on after the first attempt. It was built to help with a large cutting board that was ordered, so I slapped it together quick and dirty for now, and after I'm done with the cutting board, I'll go back and dress up the slad a bit (sand off the pencil marks, put a radius on the corners, slap on a coat or two of poly, and so on).

7. Currently trying to get $@&$# Adobe Acrobat to properly build a trio of Spanish User's Manuals I'm working on. (As I type this post, in fact.)

Tomorrow (Sunday) I plan to run the cutting board glue-up through the planer, then cut it up and glue it together again. I've also got some more red eucalyptus logs that could stand to be cut into turning blanks. That, and more yard chores, house chores, and hopefully some turning.

I'm pretty much a night owl. I do a lot of my work (from home) at night, and my office lets me be pretty flexible about when I show up at the office, so I seldom get to bed before 3:00 or 4:00 AM these days.

Right now I'm compiling PDF files (Spanish User's Manuals) for work, and it takes about 15 or 20 minutes per build, so there's not much else to do but surf the forum in the meantime. ;)

I spent most of the weekend cleaning up a 150 year old 3 story building. Hopefully befor winte I will have most of the repairs and cleaning done so I can move my shop out the basement and into a 30'x60' shop. It has been unused for over 30 years and has most of the windows broken out.:( If intrested I can post pics of what the place looks like right now.

I took a few days off to visit MOM for Mother's Day, (87 and still young) also visited my aunt (91 and not so young) Did you forget what Weekend this was? :doh: